• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Max Gross Weight

flyingcowfarmer

I have a 2013 carbon cub SS. I was told by cubcrafters that the E-LSA weight limits supercede the weight limits in the POH. Can someone clarify what that means for the max gross weight specifically. I could not get a straight answer from them.

Thanks.

David

My understanding is once an aircraft is certificated as Light Sport (E-LSA or S-LSA), it is capped at 1,320 pounds. Setting an E-AB at 1,320 pounds allows for changes down the road.

Daryl

I have a 2013 carbon cub SS. I was told by cubcrafters that the E-LSA weight limits supercede the weight limits in the POH. Can someone clarify what that means for the max gross weight specifically. I could not get a straight answer from them.

Thanks.

David

David, I’d be calling someone else at CC. But if your plane is certified as light sport, then it’s Legal Gross Weight is 1320,

MTV

It means that your Carbon Cub SS has a legal gross weight of 1320 lbs but the airframe was designed for a gross weight that is shown in the POH. Kinda like the O-340 engine has to be pulled back to 80 hp after take off. It is all good till something happens. It was all a loop hole that Cub Crafters found to build high performance Cubs without having to get a type certificate.

Back