• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Keweenaw Ski video

streetreamer

Keweenaw, MI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMpaIqrSL4

Monkeying around the Keweenaw Peninsula in Upper Michigan with my gopro. My editing skills aren't much, I tried to keep it semi short with a lot of shorter clips. The ice on the lakes is starting to get sketchy so some of the cool spots aren't really doable anymore. I enjoy watching all of your guys videos so I figured I'd post mine.

Great video Street. Would love to check out your local area with you some time. I get up there on occasion with my cub. Any fun to be had in the summer up there?

Jeff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMpaIqrSL4

Monkeying around the Keweenaw Peninsula in Upper Michigan with my gopro. My editing skills aren't much, I tried to keep it semi short with a lot of shorter clips. The ice on the lakes is starting to get sketchy so some of the cool spots aren't really doable anymore. I enjoy watching all of your guys videos so I figured I'd post mine.
I think I saw a RANS! Nice video, thanks for posting.
Roddy

Jeff, there are some interesting spots in the summer too. If you make it up here look me up. I'm three miles north of CMX.
Tom

Enjoyed the video, StreatReamer. Did The Buick fall through the ice yet? How big was the pot?

Thanks, eh. Cubscout

Depends what you mean? If it's flying play you mean, there aren't very many legal off airport places to land in the summer but there are a few grass strips. Winter is a different story. If you are in to camping, fishing, and stuff like that then it's the place to be but you almost need a bike or a vehicle. I should have my old pickup on the road as a courtesy vehicle for my strip this summer and it's a decent place to camp. There's a couple places to go that have food. I'd recommend the sidnaw airport which is 20 min from me. It is basically in the middle of nowhere but it has a café that has excellent breakfast food and a bar that serves some pretty good pizza. The owner allows camping there and it's somewhere over 2,000 feet long on the edge of town that probably has 20 people in it. As far as sight seeing, the Keweenaw is among the nicest shoreline ive seen. There's still a few feet of snow on the grass strips that aren't right on Lake Superior so I would wait a while if youre on wheels. The Porcupine mountain area is cool to see but pretty rugged with not many options to land.

Cubscout, I'm not sure which buick you mean. I'm guessing somewhere up here there are people betting on when a car falls through the ice but I'm not familiar with it.

Streetreamer that sounds great! I will be in contact for some ideas on grass strips. It looks like a lot of fun in the winter.

Back