• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Kearney swager

CharlieN

Down low in the hills of Vermont USA
Anyone know of a Kearney cable swager in the Northeast or eastern NY?

All the cables in my build project are roll swaged but over the decades I no longer know of a tool near me. Anyone aware of one?

Anyone know of a Kearney cable swager in the Northeast or eastern NY?

All the cables in my build project are roll swaged but over the decades I no longer know of a tool near me. Anyone aware of one?

I almost bought one a couple years ago, but never had the need to use it, so I passed. I think the guy wanted $2000 for it at the time. A lot of money for a tool used so seldom.

Any chance you can change to nico press? Be a lot easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right now I am not finding any for twice that. I even see used ones for $10K and new for $7500.
A few years back I checked with Loos cable but they need to make the full cable, not let you walk in with a preset cable ready for finish crimping.

Charlie, J4 came with a hand woven ends. My are 82 years old and still going. If your not on blood thinners you might survive ;-)

Glenn

Charlie, J4 came with a hand woven ends. My are 82 years old and still going. If your not on blood thinners you might survive ;-)

Glenn

Keep in mind, my plane is not a J4, it is a brand new homebuilt that will kind of look like yours or my original J4 that is tucked away in a barn.
Your J4 does not have ball bearings at each moving part within the system.

I did those way back when I was young, My right hand has degraded so bad I can't splice a dockline now.

My uncle had me spicing rope by 10yo, five years later when starting to hang out at the local airport, I was the one replacing the longerons on a PA 15. Soon he tried to push me and got me splicing cable. No chance I could do it now. About five years ago I went at splicing rope, nope. Maybe I need a Youalltube lesson to do it. I still weld pretty well though, not all day though.

My uncle had me spicing rope by 10yo, five years later when starting to hang out at the local airport, I was the one replacing the longerons on a PA 15. Soon he tried to push me and got me splicing cable. No chance I could do it now. About five years ago I went at splicing rope, nope. Maybe I need a Youalltube lesson to do it. I still weld pretty well though, not all day though.
I’ve got a Kearney swager that I would consider selling for the right price. If interested d call me at 6056424112.
Ray

I’ve got a Kearney swager that I would consider selling for the right price. If interested d call me at 6056424112.
Ray

Ray, what might “the right price” be? I don’t really need one, but would go $1000 if it has all the dies. Can’t really justify spending any more on a tool I’ll likely never use. It would be a nice addition to my collection though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back