• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Kearlee Ray Wright, another sad day

kg

FRIEND
TN
Some of you may have known longtime Alaskan pilot Kearlee Ray Wright. I hadn't seen him in several years but always considered him a friend. Another sad day. Keith

Kearlee Ray Wright
By Obituary | Peninsula Clarion
Soldotna resident Kearlee Ray Wright died unexpectedly Friday, Oct. 10, 2008, in Soldotna.

The family will receive friends at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 14, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, 159 Marydale Ave., in Soldotna.

Funeral services will be held at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 15, at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in Soldotna. President Larry Ellis and Elder Monte Brough will officiate. Graveside services will follow at Spruce Grove Memorial Park in Kasilof. Pallbearers will include Greg Shields, John Peter-sen, Kelley Saltzgiver, Chuck Winters, Wade Thomas and Cliff Donegan. Honorary pallbearers include, Bill Thomas and Al Hershberger.

Mr. Wright was born July 3, 1957, to A. Kearlee and Beth Wright in Bonners Ferry, Idaho. He lived in Soldotna most his life and attended school in Soldotna but graduated from Kenai Central High School in 1975. He worked for various aviation firms, including Butler Aviation, Troy Air and South Central Air. For the past three years, he was managing the Wrights' family businesses.

"His greatest joy was flying. He had over 20,000 hours and was a very young flight instructor. He enjoyed flying with his wife, Misty, children and his dog Midi. He was a talented pianist and entertained many. He played for Floyd Cramer, Boots Randolph, Hank Thompson and others. His kind heart and loving personality will be missed," his family said.

Mr. Wright was preceded in death by his younger sister, Lisa Shields; and grandparents.

He is survived by his wife of six years, Misty Wright; children, Jaden, Canyon and Lilly Anne Wright of Soldotna; parents, A. Kearlee and Beth Wright of Soldotna; brother, Kerry Wright, and his wife, Beth, and their children, Casey, Jenna, Mandi and Steve Wright, of Wasilla; sister, Kaelene Petersen, and her husband, John, and their children, Katelin and Cole Petersen, of Glendora, Calif.; brothers-in-law, Greg Shields, and his children, Rex, Sam, Andy and Ty, of Springville, Utah, and Shaun Perry and Danny Woitel, of Wasilla; great-grandma, Velma Nicholls, of Ogden, Utah; mother-in-law, Lori Woitel, of Soldotna; sisters-in-law, Chanel Woitel of Phoenix and Ronni Woitel of Wasilla; and many other extended family members.

Arrangements were made by Peninsula Memorial Chapel in Kenai.

Kearlee Ray Wright

Kearlee Rays airplane is being sold by his parents. I will wait patiently the day I see that beautiful cub in the air, and I had hoped I would see our own children flying it in his honor. I don't know if that will happen. I am urging you please let everyone in the supercub community know not to purchase the airplane, not just yet. I drive out to the airport every chance I get, I watch the planes take of and I just sit and stare up into the sky remembering all the beautiful rides we shared together. I can'T give it up just yet, but its not mine to take and give. I love that man, and his children and I, his wife, miss and love him very very much.
Warmest Regards,
Misty Wright
PS. Any of you have stories or memories of my husband? Could you let me know? I would like to share them with my kids when they are grown, and as they grow.
One more request. I didn't get to finish my flight training from my husband, so I whimsically watch all the airports and landing strips and stop and watch all you guys fly by. I envy you, the freedom and joy up there he shared with me, magnificent! If you ever see me, tip your wings, my kids might be watchin too. (I have faith 1 or even all 3 of our kids will be pilots, they are addicted, so when they finally get their solo and check ride, I will once again find my way into the air....untill then...its just me, the pavement, and my harley flying)

I am so sorry for your loss Misty!

Maybe some of the good folks here will post some of their memories of your husband. When I lost my dad, the memories I had and the stories shared by others were of great comfort to me. I am hopeful that you too will find the same and can pass them on to your kids.

God bless!

Laura

Please do not give up the dream of flying yourself!

Back