• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

id like to see the frame in this one

tempdoug

PATRON
nd
1712063575792.png
just want to add i seen the picture yesterday? still cool.

Last edited:
It looks photoshopped. Look at the secondary boot cowl and the angle it is. What type of engine is it supposed to be? The intake doesn't match either the PT-6 or Allison 250.

Turbine Cubs of Wyoming (TCOW) initially was going to produce turbine Cubs. I guess the engine didn't pan out so the project was dropped.

1712088977484.png

patey stuck that turbine in that wilga, little different aircraft, i know, but sometimes you never know. just fun to see the idea wagon rolling.

Tailnumber of turbine cub in post #1 comes up as an Astra jet.
Pic in post #6 looks real though.

Practical...maybe not.
But since when does that stop anyone?
For example, years ago Doug Combs built a turbine powered Luscombe.

Tailnumber of turbine cub in post #1 comes up as an Astra jet.
Pic in post #6 looks real though.

Practical...maybe not.
But since when does that stop anyone?
For example, years ago Doug Combs built a turbine powered Luscombe.
Look down at the bottom, it was on a PA-18 which was cancelled 6/19/1970.

Not sure what the picture is asserting.? The first one is fake. The one above is a Solar T62 I believe, which they briefly thought was a great idea...if you like sucking down twice the fuel for 160 hp, then right on...

I love turbines, don't get me wrong...ultra cool engines and my helicopter makes great use of one...but the picture up at the top isn't real...

that's all...

Not sure what the picture is asserting.? The first one is fake. The one above is a Solar T62 I believe, which they briefly thought was a great idea...if you like sucking down twice the fuel for 160 hp, then right on...

I love turbines, don't get me wrong...ultra cool engines and my helicopter makes great use of one...but the picture up at the top isn't real...

that's all...
top picture is from april 1

Back