• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

high mag drop

willirw

Alaska
Hi all thank you for all the responses to my querry. I took a mag off a friends plane in my hangar and installed it on mine and the problem went away. As I had also put on a new harness and plugs I new it had to be a mag problem even though all the checks my IA preformed detected nothing. I replaced the tower, points, and condensor. We restalled the mag and presto 38 rpm drop @ 1750 ???? The motor has never ran so well. :lol:

willirw said:
Hi all thank you for all ......I took a mag off a friends plane in my hangar and installed it on mine and the problem went away. ..... :lol:

I hope you left him a link to the thread on troubleshooting his new found bad mag drop..... :bad-words: :bad-words: :bad-words: :drinking: :drinking: :drinking:

NOOOO!!!
you don't understand..... we all had side bets as to the actual problem.
you went and shotgunned all those expensive parts at the airplane, in one fell swoop it sounds like. and now we'll never know what was actually wrong and who was actually right. you can't do this to us! :agrue:
DAG NABBIt

Back