• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Guess I need a Borer Prop

glassjet

Wasilla, AK
I got my rebuild done this last week on my cub.... she flies really nice... I love my new 31" ABW's.... Airplane turned out really nice... The downside is I have been flying a buddies airplane all winter that has a 160 and an 82/41 borer prop.... I still have my 74/56 Sesenich and although I cruise at 107 mph indicated with my 31's I don't have the takeoff performance that I have grown accustomed to..... I am looking at going 160 h.p. next winter with a partial "top" but I need to buy a borer now.... I am looking at a 42 or 43 pitch preferable... If anyone out there knows of any well within limits full length borers I would like to hear about them... I am going to look for used until the first of may than I will buy a new one.... Thanks and Happy flying.....

Hey Corey,
Congrats on completing your rebuild. I'm just getting started on mine. Supercubber is right, I've been looking for a used borer for a while now with no luck. Fix so far has given me the best price quote @ $2550 plus shipping. Cubcrafters often has some deals but since I'm in WA state sales tax figures in at more than shipping cost.

That shouldn't be an issue for you in AK though, give them a call.

Probably see you out on the line.

Jim W.

I would call George at Merril Field Propeller and order an 82/42. George is the best fixed pitch guy in the state. He will tune it up prior to you picking it up. Crash

Glassjet, I took advice on borer props from last weekend, and called Jim Fix of Fix Props in Nebraska. He quoted me a good price, and as others here said, he told me he'd check it out for pitch and all before shipping.

He said he'll be gone for much of April, but it takes a little time to get the props into his shop anyway.

My impression on first talking with Jim was first-rate.

Thanks for all your input... got a 82/42 coming for $2550.00

Invest in precious metals....... :wink:

borer prop

I have a pretty good borer that was 44 pitch and has been repitched to 43. It is full length and width. There is one small nick that has been filed out. I am on Finger lake and can be reached at 745-1972.

Bob

Back