• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Floor mounted seat belt STC PA-18 SA02411AK vs SA02043AK

slowjunk

What is the difference between the Svenn’s Aviation STC for floor mounted seatbelts (SA02411AK) versus the one from F. Atlee Dodge (SA02043AK). I have seen plenty of posts about the F. Atlee Dodge floor mounted seatbelt and plenty about using cables instead of welded on brackets, but I haven’t found anything about the Svenn’s Aviation STC for the PA-18. Is this improved or does it mount in a different way than the F. Atlee Dodge version?

Is there an STC for attaching the seat belts to the airframe using cables or am I reading that wrong?

I don't think you need a STC if you are using cables that should be a log book entry only. The smart guys will let me know if I am wrong.
DENNY

Last edited:
I think anyone flying around with seat belts attached to front seat frame are cuckoo. Not a very stout attach point and uncomfortable belt location.
I did this over 25 year ago on my Pa11. Simple, safe and more comfortable

I ran the 1/8" cable thru vinyl 3/16 hose where it contacts aircraft tube so it wouldn't scratch the paint.

PXL_20240227_232059978.jpg
PXL_20240227_232119100.jpg
PXL_20240227_232135779.jpg
Glenn

Back