• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

EDO 2000 18 rigging on a pa-12 ?

eslboat

Northern Michigan
Can anyone tell me if I can use Edo 18 rigging on my pa-12 legally ? Is there an STC out there that will let me modify the 18 rigging to fit ? Thanks , Erik

EDO floats on a -12

There are multiple STC' and the floats are certified under the type certificate as approved equipment. Depending on the STC the back strut is usually cut 3/8" (to accommodate the wider fuselage on the -23).

Good Luck

Thanks for the reply . I've heard there is an STC to convert the 18 rigging to the 12 . I have called EDO , Atlee dodge , Dan's aircraft , etc... and nobody can tell me who holds this STC . The FAA website does not list an STC for this . Does anyone know who has this STC ? Thanks , Erik

My son and I measured a -12 and a -18 at Kenmore Air last summer on EDO 2000's

aft strut diaganol strut forward strut spreader bar

-12 32.5" 52.75" 38" 72.5"

-18 32.5" 52.75 38" 70.5"

I have a set of unused PA-12 struts for sale and have confirmed the part numbers with the EDO drawings. None of those lengths are the same that I have. Jim

PA-12 STC

Roger Borer had an STC for installing the EDO 2000 on the -12, if you use the Type Certificate and look under approved parts, the EDO 2000 shows up, the only problem is that it requires a fin under the tail of the aircraft. I might be able to find a copy of the Borer STC, but I think that Roger's estate would still be supporting the STC (he died a few years ago).

Please correct me if I am wrong. PA 12 and PA 20 rigging are the same for EDO 2000's, are they not? We are looking to put PA 18 rigged EDO's on a Pacer.

Back