• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Afford a plane

david jaranson said:
If you ever get a chance jump in that '94 Grand Am & come on up to Mn. and get all the Super Cub time you want. Floats or Wheels. .

Be carefull what you offer, my Girlfriend (not married so far been able to dodge that bullet with ease) lives in Duluth Mn. Next time I visit if your any where near i may have to take you up on that.

Offer still stands. I'm not too far from Duluth, about an 1hr 20min north. The Cub is in the hanger in the back yard, all I need is an excuse to take her up !!

I have visited dave at his house, and he is right about the distance from duluth, his house is exactly 20 miles south of "northern minnesota" :lol:

TOM

aford a plane

I an in mantainence in a public school and we all know what that pays. I built a stits play boy back in the 70s then spent 9 years on a hatz biplane and I recently finished a clip wing super cub at least that is what I call it. Exp light sport no medical no annuals( do yourself )auto fuel RPMs 2250 to save fuel and that is about as cheep as it gets.

afford a plane

Like ken just said don,t over look the home built .
No you are not going to be building a new super 18 for 1/5th the cost but if you are the right kind of builder there are a lot of "plans built" planes that you can build and not have the cost of a used SUV. But remember that a lot , no make that " most "plans built planes never get finished. From what I see a lot of desire is what you need most.
Doug

david jaranson said:
Offer still stands. I'm not too far from Duluth, about an 1hr 20min north. The Cub is in the hanger in the back yard, all I need is an excuse to take her up !!

Be careful what you wish for. I went for a ride with David and ended up buying one of those gosh darn Super Cubs right then and there.

Thanks again. I still owe you.

If hes sellin at the right price, (Im pretty sure i can't even afford a pair of tires off his plane) Id buy in a heart beat

Back