• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

North East winter Fun 17/18

I stopped listening to the weather boobs 20 years ago. Sat on the ground the first few years watching perfect flying days go by. Anything past 12 to 24 hrs they don't have a clue most days. They are getting better at predicting when the sunsets most days. I'm ready to go with 10 min notice and fly when I can. Look out the window and you'll have better info and decide it your going. Haven't called WXbrief in 20+ years

Glenn

If it doesn’t snow, there is no ski flying for me. Can’t leave the hangar.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

If it doesn’t snow, there is no ski flying for me. Can’t leave the hangar.

If you have water and an old compressor I can get a snow gun or two. Seriously we'll blow a patch for ya.!

Well, well, well, People made fun of me spending half the summer building retracts. If there's snow and ice up north I'm good to go. :lol:

I don’t recall anyone making fun of you for building wheel skis, seems we all wanted them too. ... But I haven’t seen you up North yet Tim.

View attachment 34837
Seboomook on the north end of Moosehead lake. Smooth but just like a rock.

View attachment 34838Whole lake pretty much bare, the snow conditions in Maine went from 2-3 feet of powder to 2” of concrete

View attachment 34839Found some good snow in the corner of a potato field, the rest of this field is almost bare. We need some more snow!

Andrew
i will see your bet of hard water flying pix with open door/open window January flying
; Englewood flying beach patrol today. The skis above the beaches are safe now
image.jpeg

I will raise the bet with no long undies, gloves and a runny nose. No pix of the former

jim

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    181.6 KB · Views: 291
I don’t recall anyone making fun of you for building wheel skis, seems we all wanted them too. ... But I haven’t seen you up North yet Tim.

Here's a pic of Tim and I northbound

Attachments

• IMG_0384.JPG
    IMG_0384.JPG
    202.6 KB · Views: 176
Finally, the carbon cub heater works!

Then there was the poor bast*rd in the back seat on the coldest day of the year....J'approve of the current view.

Glad someone got out of Dodge. Don't tell the Border Buster but I think this year's sojurn South for this fellah will be in the F33A come SNF time.

Andrew
i will see your bet of hard water flying pix with open door/open window January flying
; Englewood flying beach patrol today. The skis above the beaches are safe now
View attachment 34857

I will raise the bet with no long undies, gloves and a runny nose. No pix of the former

jim
and you didn't stop at Spruce Creek for lunch---that looks like Lemon Bay and Stump Pass---(freq. change at SC ---122.92 )----.gator.png
that GATOR is longer than my 12 FT. Kayak---John F

Attachments

• gator.png
    gator.png
    350.4 KB · Views: 208
and you didn't stop at Spruce Creek for lunch---that looks like Lemon Bay and Stump Pass---(freq. change at SC ---122.92 )----.View attachment 34862
that GATOR is longer than my 12 FT. Kayak---John F

You are on my list cap cub. By the time I hit JAX airspace after a steady 20 mph headwind that never left me from Exeter Maine to FL I was ready to get out. The lady at Jax center was not miss congeniality with a carbon cub at 100 mph in the middle of her turf at 2000. I wanted south on the coast to look at some of the potatoes being planted in Hastings but she took me way west. That's a busy parch of sky. I wil get with you. Still fly the good stuff around on Frf afternoons? I'm going to Sebring tomorrow meet me there for lunch

jim

Went out today thinking I would hit a few lakes and ponds and quickly decided to abort, ice is so rough I feared for my skis. Plan to switch over tomorrow - that means it will snow early next week.

Excellent VTGlenn. I switched over late this afternoon to help appease the snow gods as well.

823c73e7a9243844b2f677850058f069.jpg

87a88ddfbdeb3ad5f381a893f675270e.heic

Transmitted from my FlightPhone

Ok, looks like it's going to blow 40+ above 2000' Saturday. Let's try for Sunday

Glenn

Last edited:
Back