• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Federal AWB2500 Wheel/Ski W&B

stid2677

SPONSOR
Looking for some examples of W&B for a Cub on AWB2500 Wheel/Skis extended and retracted. These would be on an Experimental Cub. Any members familiar running these on a Cub?

Thanks

Steve

Are pretty big for a Cub, but.... Mine weighed upwards of 120 pounds for the whole setup. You should have two weight/balance documents when aboard, one for skis up, one for skis down....changes CG position.

MTV

Are pretty big for a Cub, but.... Mine weighed upwards of 120 pounds for the whole setup. You should have two weight/balance documents when aboard, one for skis up, one for skis down....changes CG position.

MTV

Yea, I'm trying to figure out the numbers for Skis down,, the logbook shows weighed with skis on, but the down ski W&B has the same weight and moment as the up ski W&B,, should the arm not move when the skis are down changing the weight and moment?

This set, has been flown on this Cub for 30 years, I recently started flying it and when I reviewed the old W&B I discovered the numbers did not seem to be correct. Documents for these seem to be difficult to source. The Cub is a 2K Cub.

Steve

Yea, I'm trying to figure out the numbers for Skis down,, the logbook shows weighed with skis on, but the down ski W&B has the same weight and moment as the up ski W&B,, should the arm not move when the skis are down changing the weight and moment? Depending on the arms, those things probably move 8 to 10 inches....maybe.

This set, has been flown on this Cub for 30 years, I recently started flying it and when I reviewed the old W&B I discovered the numbers did not seem to be correct. Documents for these seem to be difficult to source. The Cub is a 2K Cub.

Steve

Yes, when you extend the skis, they move aft, though not quite as much as the Fluidyne 2200s do. But, enough that it'll change the arm a bit....and in the aft direction.

When the skis are down (ski position, they are pretty close to centered on the axles, so I guess you could use that as the location of the skis for the ski position. Then, maybe retract the skis and measure how much forward that point moves.

Sorry, I no longer have the logs for the plane my set was mounted on. But, I do remember different CG for skis up and down.

MTV

Back