• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Flightradar24

S2D

Montana
A friend got me hooked on flightradar24 !! Like I need another annoying addiction.

So anyways, last night I was browsing around seeing where planes were going and spotted a plane over Hudson Bay headed from Portland to Amsterdam , make a 90+ and divert to Detroit. flight DL178.

But I have no idea why. Sure would be nice to put radio transmission with that app ,!!

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Flightaware shows it also

DiiYcsb_d.webp

I just found about the app last month! It’s addicting. One of the coolest flight tracking apps I’ve seen. Really like that you can filter and follow your favorite airlines/cargo outfits.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Might have to look into it. Sounds cheaper than my addiction. Armslist.com. warning: leave your wallet somewhere out of reach. Dang smart phones sure know how to take your money!

We used to have flightwatch i think it was called at the fbo. Was nice for seeing our charters.

This app has been around a long time actually, one of the cool features is the mode where you hit the little binoculars, and it uses the camera to point at the sky and will label the planes as you see them flying. More fun at a busy airport with lots of traffic, but it works pretty well out our back door watching planes depart kmci.

sj

fr24.png

Attachments

• fr24.png
    fr24.png
    770.6 KB · Views: 220
Last edited:
This is an alternative: https://global.adsbexchange.com/VirtualRadar/desktop.html#

It is free - you don't have to pay to show additional aircraft data, charts, airspace, etc.

A nice feature is that it automatically shows aircraft data, along with a picture if it is available.

It is trickier to use. There are a lot of controls. If you don't allow the browser to provide location, you'll have to drag to the location you want. Use the options to set the default location.

The other nice thing about ADSB exchange and other is that people can't pay them to remove their info (that I know of) - i.e. the "private" you see on Flightaware, etc...

sj

I downloaded FlightRadar 24 a while back.
Kinda cool in that it's in real time--
you can see an airplane off in the distance & check what it is.
You can also look up flights after the fact by tail number,
I tried looking up my own after I installed ADS-B, before I selected "anonymous"--
but no luck. ??

I have a hard enough time getting anything done the way it is, now every time I see or hear a plane flying over, I can't not check flightradar..... Now I'm trying to figure out who's on the Gulfstream V that just flew over, flying from Paris... It's a good thing the airspace around here isn't any busier than it is, or else my head might explode trying to process all this new information....

......I tried looking up my own after I installed ADS-B, before I selected "anonymous"-- but no luck. ??

Poked around on the Flight Radar app, apparently it only tracks 1090 ES ADS-B,
NOT the 978 UAT variety that i installed.
Which is good, i guess-- a little less concern re privacy issues.

Just because you are paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you!

They can kill you but they can't eat you.

Poked around on the Flight Radar app, apparently it only tracks 1090 ES ADS-B,
NOT the 978 UAT variety that i installed.
Which is good, i guess-- a little less concern re privacy issues.

I am a "feeder" for FR24. This means I have an ADS-B receiver here at my house in the hills that transmits data to Flight Radar. Nice system. The data is 1090 and MLAT but correct that our 978 transmissions are not received or followed.
Where I am finishing up working the B-17 tour stop in Mass. this past weekend I kept looking to see where all the wandering Cubs were around the Northeast but none are seen with the current tracking available. So yes the government may be tracking you the public does not see you.

Is it just me or do they not show any flights in the 'fly over' states
Works in Boise and Billings. It is a hobbyist site, relying on volunteer receivers. I suspect that some areas don't have good low altitude coverage.

Back