• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Catto Propellers On Certified Super Cubs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn, good to know we all can have a sense of humor here, I'm sure the weather man is doing great in up state NY. i live in AK, I'm in AZ on my way to NV. Weathers fine....and life is good....but i was born in Buffalo NY, still own a hunting camp / cabin in the southern tier...I love the great lakes area and finger lakes as well....Scott

Glenn, good to know we all can have a sense of humor here, I'm sure the weather man is doing great in up state NY. i live in AK, I'm in AZ on my way to NV. Weathers fine....and life is good....but i was born in Buffalo NY, still own a hunting camp / cabin in the southern tier...I love the great lakes area and finger lakes as well....Scott

But, like Catto, he's doing the best he can but lying to you 70% of the time. Good intentions by all parties. Molasses sometimes flows faster uphill.

Glenn

Glenn, i concur, never said they where lying, but they do have a dog in the fight. So telling folks for years is not what I would do. But a great stall tactic. No other way to look at it...to say they where being up front? That's giving it a bad name. Scott

It is gonna happen, they don't know when. You keep saying they mislead you. Who told you you would have a certified Catto prop on what day?

Steve, they have been telling me / us for years there working on it, they have had sign up list for a cert props since I have seen them at the AK shows, for years now, hell there's one at Stoddards right now. I'm not upset with them in any way, i just wish they would put out correct info or none at all if they don't know.....let's think about this, you have a sign up list started years ago..every show, Why, they tell us soon, next fall, next spring Stoddards has one now Why? ..petty simple qwestion .....Scott

Steve, you mention that they keep misleading me, a bit strong, but keeping there story alive, or stall tactic to by time seems to be a better way of looking at it....Scott

This thread has nearly drove me to slamming my own 4 3/4” pitched prop in a door. I’m so disgusted now that I’m going to take off my McCatto and put it in time out until it decides to act right:p......Ok, I’ll come clean. Mine is a 4 1/2” pitch but it sure pulls hard:wink:

Steve, that is the basses of this, I have called them, talked to them face to face, sign up on there waiting list (sadly a few times) I have Bought 3 props, But with all good things. "Time passes, Things change" with any luck there moving forword with this process, and I for one wish them wild success. Again! My one real, and real point here is (that many can't seem to grasp) is years of stated and implied inaccurate information. period !!!....Scott

Like I said, your experience and my experience are 180 degrees from each other. Sorry for your frustration. I will buy you a beer next time I am up your way.

Scott I don't understand why you would be mad at them for the optimistic timeline as I'm sure they are going as fast as they can. You already told us that you have got one on your cub in the 1st post and even posted a picture in your 180 ad of your cub with a catto prop on it so why would certification matter you've already got it approved.

Your assuming I'm mad, I'm far from that, I wish them all the success In world, but years of inaccurate information is ridiculous. I'll ask you and all others wishing to opine. "Why would you as a company have soon to be coming sign up list, at your AK airmans show sales table", years after year. After year. I'm only asking, is this a smart business practices? After many years of this seems a cruel joke on us all. My point here is why all the inaccurate information. Nothing more, simple question. Scott

your assuming i'm mad, i'm far from that, i wish them all the success in world, but years of inaccurate information is ridiculous. I'll ask you and all others wishing to opine. "why would you as a company have soon to be coming sign up list, at your ak airmans show sales table", years after year. After year. I'm only asking, is this a smart business practices? After many years of this seems a cruel joke on us all. My point here is why all the inaccurate information. Nothing more, simple question. Scott
faa

Steve, I have met you before, I look forward to a few beers and great flying story's, I have a guess log cabin on the lake out here, I let folks use free of charge for flying in, stranded ect....Your welcome to my cabin, cold beer and a warm camp fire any day....Scott

Scott, I wasn't there is 2017 but that is when they decided to pursue the approval. Prior to that all i ever saw was a questionnaire to sign if you were interested in a certified prop. They were seeing if there was enough interest not asking you to sign up on a waiting list. The waiting list I have heard about at Stoddards and at Catto if you call are less than one year old. We understand that you have been seeing a waiting list for many years, point taken. Sorry I haven't seen it. Now we know.

I remember when Lars said his fabric would be approved in 6 months, B&C has been trying to get their alternator with front oil cooler mounts approved for 2 years and the stories go on and on.

Steve, I have met you before, I look forward to a few beers and great flying story's, I have a guess log cabin on the lake out here, I let folks use free of charge for flying in, stranded ect....Your welcome to my cabin, cold beer and a warm camp fire any day....Scott

I had to give up the beer many years ago but will take you up on the cabin and camp fire and flying stories for sure.

Pa22 /20, your faa is a cop out, did the faa have sign up list at shows, start the one at staddards, tell you soon, next fall, next spring, maybe never. Did they force Catto to to do any of that? I think not....the only thing wrong here is inaccurate, implied or other wise information from Catto. Now did the faa change, delay, screw over Catto....oh he'll yes....I'm sure. But the flow of information, from Catto was terrible....Scott

Steve, the real question at hand is not the time, it's the flow of good and accurate information, that's not on the faa, the faa can make it harder, longer, it's on the company pursuing there product to convey the information and progress, if any. I'm not accusing Catto of any thing shady or underhanded. Simply why the poor handling of what there persuading....Scott

Avation is a hard place to make a living and run a business, (I know if it was my only source of income I'd be a lot thinner) but when you find a niche market like catto, lycon, Javron growing pain can hurt because you don't want to invest all of your capital or tool up fast because you know what avation is like generally and will the boom keep going? That's a good way to go bust. But what do all these fine avation companies have in common from time to time besides high quality products, slow production and then you throw the FAA/government in the mix and this is just what one has to expect if they are going to stay profitable and in business.

I know im getting real sick of people flaming small avation companies on here lately, it's doing nobody any good to come on here and drag a person/business through the mud over slow delivery or maybe not the best customer service when they produce fine product, we all fudge up here and there, no one is perfect. I've had my share of frustrations with delivery of parts from every vender is this very small community but it's not the norm and I sure as hell wouldn't go out behind there back a bitch about it, if you've got a problem you can't live with man up and deal with them directly.

PA 22/ 20, well put, I concur in all you say but the bitch behind there back part, 1. I have talked and bought from them, 2. This forum is an open forum. And you can rest assured, there on here. 3.the flow of info is on them, there the ones in business....4. No maning up needed, constitutive input is a good thing, a strong company knows this..on top of that, they a great bunch of folks over there.....Scott

I doubt we will hear from Catto with a time line because they would just be lying to you again, in all honesty they probably don't have a clue when FAA approval will happen let's just hope they aren't broke if they get it done. I know you'll say it's sh!ty business practices but what do you do when you don't really know?

PA 22/ 20, well put, I concur in all you say but the bitch behind there back part, 1. I have talked and bought from them, 2. This forum is an open forum. And you can rest assured, there on here. 3.the flow of info is on them, there the ones in business....4. No maning up needed, constitutive input is a good thing, a strong company knows this..on top of that, they a great bunch of folks over there.....Scott
The last part of my post wasn't necessarily meant to you but towards the common theme of shaming quality companies on here lately.

PA 22/20, you have made my day, you have in your last few post made my case and point, if you don't know, say that!!!!.manage your progress ...haveing BS sign up list is misleading, be upfront....tell us the real deal, in your words, if you really don't know, about sumes it up for me.....But id like to say this strait, you say they they would be just lying to me again, your off base. I know theses folks, lyers there not. Poor information management. Without a doubt....Scott

0cae2d1fdf00219a6cb55a46cb3bd1ee.jpg

PA 22/20, you have made my day, you have in your last few post made my case and point, if you don't know, say that!!!!.manage your progress ...haveing BS sign up list is misleading, be upfront....tell us the real deal, in your words, if you really don't know, about sumes it up for me.....But id like to say this strait, you say they they would be just lying to me again, your off base. I know theses folks, lyers there not. Poor information management. Without a doubt....Scott
Glad I could make your day but I'm not sure I really made your point or not, I never called them liars my point was if they have a timeline in mind that they think it will be complete and tell you that just know the FAA will make sure it's twice as long therefore make them liars not that they are purposely he lying to you. Must be a long winter in Alaska because you are arguing a worthless point.

Chuck

Chuck, the only worthles thing in this whole thread is someone that don't get it, and signing up for a prop multiple times, for multiple years that don't exist..With promises it's coming....where beating a dead horse here......Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back