• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

NE Summer Fun

Fairgrounds in Deerfield NH - that looks like a NH07 fly-in event.

Wish I was closer. It would be fun to fly my 97 year old Dad to it. He's a WW-2 vet. Took him to a reenactment in northern IN a couple years ago and he had a fun day. The participants enjoyed having him there. Those guys really get into it. Would recommend that anyone who has the opportunity to attend one of these.

Jim

The Beaver belongs to my Dentist, I called him last night and told him to come to breakfast. He was going elsewhere but the weather wasn't good there so he showed up. It's one of the last ones made, factory turbine Beaver

The devil with the Turbine Beaver, that looked like the Alperts new X cub. Mark K must be home

jim

Alive Alive ALIVE. Yes he is still alive. Flying the pa11, home to the grass, drinking my beer. Ah just like the good ole days again. Welcome home son.

jeff.jpg

j j.jpg

Attachments

• jeff.jpg
    jeff.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 1,960
  • j j.jpg
    j j.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 1,939
I found this 84" MT in the driveway today. Should make it a little tougher for you SuperCub guys to set Maule traps.IMG_1897.JPG

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_1897.JPG
    IMG_1897.JPG
    423.3 KB · Views: 223
Tim and I took the short ride to visit Mtn Bob today. And since he always provides entertainment we rode the wheelers to some scenic overlooks of Lake Bomoseen, thanks Bob.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 191
  • thumbnail.jpeg
    thumbnail.jpeg
    125.7 KB · Views: 187
Do you remember the elephant joke? How do you catch an elephant? You dig a big hole and line the edges with peas, when the elephant stops to take a pea you sneak up behind him and kick him in the hole.

Good luck my friend ;-)

Glenn

I'll take that under advisement Glen, hope to run across you and the NE crew sometime soon.

IMG_1925.JPGIMG_1924.JPG
The MT prop is on the M6, its an MTV-15 213cm long just shy of 84"
I have about two hrs behind it now and I'm happy I did it. The start up and shut down is interesting it spins up almost instantly when the engine fires and stops like it hit a brick wall when shut down. When the throttle is fire walled for TO the prop pulls NOW. My seat of the pants analysis says that it pulls slightly better on roll out and out climbs the 81" MAC it replaced. The MT is super smooth out of the box throughout my rpm range, it really impressed me at low rpms. 1900rpm and 19" MP 98mph indicated burning 7.8GPH on a Lycoming O-540 I couldn't do that with the MAC while holding altitude with reasonable attitude and vibration. It does seem to slow me down nicely at flat pitch while landing and it takes less throttle to catch my Maule when the bottom starts to fall out just prior to TD landing slow and short. The MAC with spinner weighed 63.5lbs the MT with spinner weighs 46lbs so I took 17.5lbs off the nose.

Attachments

• IMG_1925.JPG
    IMG_1925.JPG
    432.4 KB · Views: 240
  • IMG_1924.JPG
    IMG_1924.JPG
    857.4 KB · Views: 226
I was trying to get a good look at the rudder to see if Ferris has helped with it! 🤣 We all know he specializes in rudders! [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back