• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Mystery device

Bill.Brine

FOUNDER
Massachusetts
I noticed these ski like devices hanging on the wall of a friend’s hangar. He has no idea what they are used for.
Rene dropped in with Cody in the Supercruiser; best guess is they are ice skates.
Has anyone seen something like this before?IMG_7046.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_7046.JPG
    IMG_7046.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 403
Last edited:
I love old airplane mysteries Bill. I don't think these were on an airplane unless it was an old small airplane like a Heath Parasol. Look at the diameter of the axle tube. It appears to be only about 3/4" I.D. Perhaps as much as 1"? Airplane axles aren't usually that small. There is also nothing to prevent the toes tipping down in flight which could be troublesome. Maybe they are front ice runners for an old snow/ice machine?

There was a simalair looking pair last year for sale on eBay in the ski section with a ? about what they were

Glenn

I noticed these ski like devices hanging on the wall of a friend’s hangar. He has no idea what they are used for.
Rene dropped in with Cody in the Supercruiser; best guess is they are ice skates.
Has anyone seen something like this before?View attachment 44237

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Asuming those are two by four studs in that wall, I would estimate those axle tubes at 1.25" at least

I’ll take some measurements and a closer look at the skis next time I am at the hangar.
Pete, these are hanging in Steve Gentle’s old hangar at Katama.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Back