• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

coyote on wing strut

krines

Billings
How do you secure one so that it does not go crashing through the roof of your neighbors house. I have a long history of things flying out the back of my pickup so I am a little concerned. Tips tricks and pics appreciated.

Cram his head between the two struts or tie to the jury struts. Seen videos and pictures but certain people here don't want other certain people getting a hold on such media. 8)

Put him in a Hefty garbage bag and put him in the baggage compartment. Make sure you tie it shut tight enough so the fleas can't get out....

Had 2 forty pounders in hefty bags the other day which got me thinking CG with all my survival crap. If I got one more what next. Fortunately I was low on fuel so question answered. Steve do you tie neck to front jury or behind front legs to jury.

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]I tie on the struts when we're gonna drop them by the ground crew vehicle. The most foolproof is to tie (or zip tie) the front and back feet around the base of the struts. You can drag by the ground vehicle and let them drop.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]If it's ten below and you don't want to open door and window and lean out, than use 550 cord and tie them around the strut with a bow knot and leave one side of the tail long, loop it over the door and close the window on it. When you drag the drop spot, pull all the strings and let em drop.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Don't try to drop them in the bed of the pickup. A 30 pound coyote can make a single cab's roof touch the seat backs.[/FONT][/FONT]

Don't try to drop them in the bed of the pickup. A 30 pound coyote can make a single cab's roof touch the seat backs.

There’s got’a be pictures of that!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Mark,

I want to hear that story, from the owner of the pickup!

Put dead stuff in the pod!! best way to keep plane clean.

Toss the front legs over the front strut, loop around body behind shoulder, then tie to front strut. I like to put stuff at Jury strut to keep them from sliding up and down. Add bungie action to keep things from moving while in flight.

Removing the stick and putting a stick box over it allows for loads to be carried forward inside. Passengers can sit on loads also- be surprised how easy it is to ride on two deer when you need to!8)

Gunner I assume the body of the dog hangs below the strut when tied around the base, is that correct? I like that better than uneven weight at the jury strut. Have you ever had zip ties break. I like the quickness of zip ties and I bet they hold tighter than 550 cord. I imagine those zip ties get brittle in the cold. Don't plan on dropping any but the idea sure sounds like fun.

This should answer questions.

IMG_2029.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• IMG_2029.JPG
    IMG_2029.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 814
Rather then Harbor Freight zip ties, a little searching can turn up some high quality ones, even in all stainless.....used in securing cabling on solar system installs.

I'd use these, as many as needed, they can be daisy chained to get any needed length, and best of all they can easily be worked with gloves on. https://titanstraps.com/ https://www.cabletiesandmore.com/stainless-steel-cable-ties.php

FWIW:This is how we did it back in the early '80's. Ultralights, pusher ultralights especially, make the ultimate coyote getter, slow, and capable of a lot tighter turn radius then any fixed wing light plane. The gunner/pilot pictured was a customer of mine, back when I was selling the Pterodactyl line of ultralights. He figured out real quick, being a sheep rancher like he was, this configeration worked real well. I went out with him a few times and acted as his hauler, I carried up to three at a time, lashed to the hang cage sides using my tie downs rope.

Attachments

• IMG_20181125_144727093.jpg
    IMG_20181125_144727093.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 449
Might be easier if you kill it first...

But it’s easier to get them to grab onto the zip tie and kill them when you get home. Or if you decide to catch and release so you can get him another day.

IMG_5870.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• IMG_5870.JPG
    IMG_5870.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 525
Last edited:
OK I`m from Georgia and we just leave them for the buzzards to eat why yall wanna bring them back with ya. I wouldnt put my hands on one of those nasty rabies carrying flea bags

OK I`m from Georgia and we just leave them for the buzzards to eat why yall wanna bring them back with ya. I wouldnt put my hands on one of those nasty rabies carrying flea bags

That's what I was wondering. I'm not a hunter, although I have a licence (requirement in my country) and a riffle. Anything I've shot in the past I've left for those more hungry.

[FONT=.SF UI Text]
[/FONT]

[FONT=.SF UI Text][FONT=.SFUIText]Don't try to drop them in the bed of the pickup. A 30 pound coyote can make a single cab's roof touch the seat backs.[/FONT][/FONT]
About 35 years ago, A friend and his Grandfather went bear hunting. My friend had a Nissan pickup. They got a bear treed near the access road, and Grandpa decides to back the truck under the tree and then they'll drop the bear into the truck with a rifle. Well, the bear lunged a bit upon being shot, and landed on the cab. The drop was on the order of 12 - 15' and crunched the cab pretty good. Totalled the truck.

Well, in the 70s we'd get up to $40 a pelt when the fur was good.

I never worried about fleas much because of off-splashing of the Dursban we'd use on the cows.

Sent from my SM-J320V using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Last edited:
images.jpeg
The winters are long and cold up here, sometimes the women gotta make do with what they've got on hand....

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 3,950
Ya they used to bring big bucks, still worth some today, but not near as much.......... I know these 2 hombres that had a pickup load of furs heading to NYC to cash in... On the way there the prices dropped and they barely made gas money.... :cool:

Ok guys I am starting to get some kind of picture and the one that sticks to mind is the coyote bikini. Case texted me 4 coyotes and one fox bungeed to his plane. It was informative but I thought he was bragging. Steve that pistol shot is beyond the pale. I have givin it a thought but I fly low just not that low. Heard story of a local workin the yotes with an ultra light. Bet that works well but hell I am freezing doing this can't imagine. If you want to make money at this have blankets made with the pelts. Price tag in Jackson Hole 12 grand for one with a dozen pelts. I make throw blankets for the back of the couch with 8-10 pelts which sell for 2 grand. Got a waiting list. People like fur but are afraid to wear them in public.

Case texted me 4 coyotes and one fox bungeed to his plane. It was informative but I thought he was bragging. .

Seriously ?? You think 4 coyotes is bragging??

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• KIMG0753.jpeg
    KIMG0753.jpeg
    53.9 KB · Views: 717
Last edited:
The poor thing she needs all the help she can get. If she needs a warm place to winter over I can volunteer a spare bedroom

f1ccb72f7ddb4198b6cfccf4cd7b9462.jpg

My grandfather back in the early 50’s after a single hunt... yes, that is a J3... zoom in to see the Yotes both on the ground and on the aircraft...

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back