• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Congratulations Steve Pierce, Lone Star Nat’l STOL Champion

Great write up, loved the “play by play” of what was going through your head in the heat of the moment.

Congrats again

.... I thought about how all of this startedmany years ago. Flying a friends 90 hp Super Cub and trying to learnall I could about it, finding SuperCub.org and becoming a sponge,maintaining and rebuilding Super Cubs and finally 7 years ago gettinga Super Cub of my own after having a Clipper and a Pacer. I rememberafter I got it and put the Bushwheels on Mark Englerth calling me andreminding me how Tom and I needed to have a safety meeting everydaybefore we flew and telling him about the voice in my head as I headedwest to the gravel bars that told me I had to fly this airplane backtoday. I have learned so much from so many people here over the yearsfrom maintaining, rebuilding and flying but the biggest thing hasbeen the friendships. It has been a helluva a ride so far. Iappreciate everyone's comments.

"I have to fly this airplane back today." WOW. All Flying is risky. Mark and Steve show us a textbook way to navigate risk. Mark Englerth saw a risk, and reached out. I might not have done so.....maybe have not down so. Then Steve the listened. This is good stuff. It makes us better.

I define risk as every time I push the cub out of the hangar. Reward is every time I accomplish a mission in the cub wether it’s using the cub as a tool to put food on the table or playing in the canyon. Sometimes risk passes reward. Most of the time reward wins

This was great news to hear, Steve. Congratulations.

I met Austin at NH and again at Brainerd, recently, and he is a very good, humble young person. His parents should be very proud of him.

Congratulations, again!

Randy

BF38D72E-D355-43E1-8A6E-EB8B6E7DF138.jpeg
You got lucky;-):p

Attachments

• BF38D72E-D355-43E1-8A6E-EB8B6E7DF138.jpeg
    BF38D72E-D355-43E1-8A6E-EB8B6E7DF138.jpeg
    205.3 KB · Views: 77
Back