• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Stall or turbulence

What is all this horse doo-doo about "early Huskies?" The later the model, the heavier. No different than a Super Cub at the same loaded weight. Maybe a different feel due to the fixed stabilizer. An early Husky is a lighter Husky. And by the way, it has more flap than a PA-18 while employing the same airfoil. You can make the same mistake in either airplane with the same result. Let's nor blame the airplanes. I kept away from Super Cubskys for years based on that urban myth, then I bought one. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and the Husky is based on the PA-18 as are all of the copies of the original 18. Carbon this, Dakota that, Airframes, Smith, SQ 123. You name it. We all love the Super Cub, and use various versions for various reasons. For me the Cubsky fits the mission: 50 gallons fuel, fast cross country, 180 HP, long prop (not the original of course) Cleveland wheels (lots of my old 18's had expander tubes) No strut fork issues, and a less shaky tail when towing. (even the Cubsky has tail issues.) Nothing is perfect, nothing is for free, and as for stall spin, you pays your money and you takes your choice. As they used to tell me...learn and live.

What is all this horse doo-doo about "early Huskies?" The later the model, the heavier. No different than a Super Cub at the same loaded weight. Maybe a different feel due to the fixed stabilizer. An early Husky is a lighter Husky. And by the way, it has more flap than a PA-18 while employing the same airfoil. You can make the same mistake in either airplane with the same result. Let's nor blame the airplanes. I kept away from Super Cubskys for years based on that urban myth, then I bought one. After all, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery and the Husky is based on the PA-18 as are all of the copies of the original 18. Carbon this, Dakota that, Airframes, Smith, SQ 123. You name it. We all love the Super Cub, and use various versions for various reasons. For me the Cubsky fits the mission: 50 gallons fuel, fast cross country, 180 HP, long prop (not the original of course) Cleveland wheels (lots of my old 18's had expander tubes) No strut fork issues, and a less shaky tail when towing. (even the Cubsky has tail issues.) Nothing is perfect, nothing is for free, and as for stall spin, you pays your money and you takes your choice. As they used to tell me...learn and live.
What do you use you 'cubsky' for?

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Back