• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Marion harrasses a beaver with a boat.

Just wanted to bump this one to point out how the vaunted troopers can bury an investigation. Try doing a google search for any follow up stories about this incident. Yep. not one.

Web

Just wanted to bump this one to point out how the vaunted troopers can bury an investigation. Try doing a google search for any follow up stories about this incident. Yep. not one.

Web

I was curious also but not surprised that this has been silenced. I imagine Halibut Cove is just like a certain community I grew up in Bristol Bay. If you have the right last name and lineage they can commit all types of crimes and even if they are caught……it gets swept under the rug. If any community members inquire…..they get threatened. The reported threats fall on deaf ears.

I searched her name in Alaska Court View after I saw your post. Nada Zilch. If I was arrested/charged with something tonight you can bet a record of it would be online next day by noon.

They are called AK District Attorneys or similar. "Their fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over harbor and city on silent haunches and then moves on" Likely there's nothing to gain here for them or their State, so they moved on.

Gary

They are called AK District Attorneys or similar. "Their fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over harbor and city on silent haunches and then moves on" Likely there's nothing to gain here for them or their State, so they moved on.

Gary

Nice quote, Gary…..and appropriate….source?

MTV

ADN today claims that this elitist Beck woman finally got charged for at least some of her life endangering crimes. Wonder why that took so long? Didn't take long for the law enforcement crowd to illegally arrest an award winning principal in the Mat Su valley and force her to a psych evaluation based on false charges! Apparently the rich and politically connected folks get to purchase different speeds and levels of "justice." Nothing new there I guess, but our "American freedoms" seem more at risk than ever. How long before flying itself becomes a greater target through more than just the current FAA generated harassment?

ADN today claims that this elitist Beck woman finally got charged for at least some of her life endangering crimes. Wonder why that took so long? Didn't take long for the law enforcement crowd to illegally arrest an award winning principal in the Mat Su valley and force her to a psych evaluation based on false charges! Apparently the rich and politically connected folks get to purchase different speeds and levels of "justice." Nothing new there I guess, but our "American freedoms" seem more at risk than ever. How long before flying itself becomes a greater target through more than just the current FAA generated harassment?

It takes a bit of work and time to get everyones story. Once you get all the information now you have to get in line for a a Grand Jury presentation. Unless they had reason to believe she was an active threat it is better to build a proper case and get it done right the first time. Lots of cases take a year or longer to get to court. I was rear ended few years back it took several months for a simple traffic case to get to court. Nothing special here.
DENNY

I get mad like that from time to time but usually when having to drive in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro mess. When y'all hear about a guy with a dump truck with oil field pipe welded all around it knocking cars off the road and a Go-Fund me page catered to others who hate rude drivers for bail money you will know it is me.

As far as airplane noise, the only kind that grates on my nerves are when the local gyro guys get 3 or 4 together and do constant patterns over my hanger. Again, if you here of someone shooting gyros out of the sky with a shotgun in Graham, TX that will probably be me.

Those are my dreams and then I wake up and realize reality. ;)

I get mad like that from time to time but usually when having to drive in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro mess. When y'all hear about a guy with a dump truck with oil field pipe welded all around it knocking cars off the road and a Go-Fund me page catered to others who hate rude drivers for bail money you will know it is me.

As far as airplane noise, the only kind that grates on my nerves are when the local gyro guys get 3 or 4 together and do constant patterns over my hanger. Again, if you here of someone shooting gyros out of the sky with a shotgun in Graham, TX that will probably be me.

"... Police say according to his social media accounts, he had been planning this for some time ..." :lol:

sj

When I was in my 20 we used to work on singer Lou Reeds vehicles. He lived in a cabin in NWNJ and an apartment in NYC. He bought a 1970 IHC Scout with a snow plow from my buddy. We thought he bought it for the cabin driveway. He bought it and kept it in the city with the plow on year round. He said nobody messed with him at a busy intersection when he pulled out plow first.

Glenn

I drive my Prius as much as I can, as it saves me so much money, but I've noticed it gets no respect! Then I get to my crane yard and climb into my Mack Granite 55 K pound boom truck and hit the road....it's an interesting difference in how I and others interact while driving for sure. I imagine those here who are ATP's in their work day and fly Cubs on their time off have to make a similar attitude adjustment.

when the local gyro guys get 3 or 4 together and do constant patterns over my hanger. Again, if you here of someone shooting gyros out of the sky with a shotgun in Graham, TX that will probably be me.

Headline: Aircraft repair shop initiates new market strategy to find local work

Denny- if not a threat? Watch the video and it makes it obvious that individual is a threat if anywhere near the controls of a boat, and lives in a boat community; threat assessment: EXTREME

When I was in my 20 we used to work on singer Lou Reeds vehicles. He lived in a cabin in NWNJ and an apartment in NYC. He bought a 1970 IHC Scout with a snow plow from my buddy. We thought he bought it for the cabin driveway. He bought it and kept it in the city with the plow on year round. He said nobody messed with him at a busy intersection when he pulled out plow first.

Glenn

Now I’ve got “Walk on the Wild Side” stuck in my head. Thanks a lot:-(

Glenn

Long ago I drove from Montana to NYC in my 69 Chevy 3/4 ton with actual railroad ties as bumpers. I had heard about rude drivers there, but never actually saw any.

This is being heard in Federal court. So, maybe we should cut the Troopers a little slack...... And, by the way, in this case, it's obvious they brought this before a Federal Grand Jury, which are not necessarily a fast moving outfit either.

Sometimes, the wheels of justice turn slowly-actually, MOST of the time, the wheels of justice turn slowly when done right, but with an indictment from a Federal Grand Jury, at the very least, she's gonna spend a lot of $$ on lawyers. And, shown that video, it's gonna be a little tough to deny it happened.

MTV

This is being heard in Federal court. So, maybe we should cut the Troopers a little slack...... And, by the way, in this case, it's obvious they brought this before a Federal Grand Jury, which are not necessarily a fast moving outfit either.

Sometimes, the wheels of justice turn slowly-actually, MOST of the time, the wheels of justice turn slowly when done right, but with an indictment from a Federal Grand Jury, at the very least, she's gonna spend a lot of $$ on lawyers. And, shown that video, it's gonna be a little tough to deny it happened.

MTV

And she will have it hanging over head until the trial.

Been Riding two wheeled machines for most of my 70 plus years. Odd how much "respect" I got the day I delivered a State Trooper Harley for an officer. Even took the Greyhound 5 miles to pass me. Of coarse, I enjoyed every minute of it.;-)

Been Riding two wheeled machines for most of my 70 plus years. Odd how much "respect" I got the day I delivered a State Trooper Harley for an officer. Even took the Greyhound 5 miles to pass me. Of coarse, I enjoyed every minute of it.;-)

Hi Dan! Great to see your voice! :smile:

sj

Somewhat similar gun issue in Alaska. I have friend who had "felony DUI" conviction (that means 3rd DUI) over 20 years ago. Sober now. He can own and carry a rifle for hunting, but he cannot own or carry a handgun. We wondered if he could get in trouble for being in my plane with me when I had my 454 Casull with me. Never could find a straight answer.
As for Marian, the bossy boater, she doesn't need a gun. She expects everyone to duck, or bow, to her high caliber political authority anytime she shoots her mouth off. And anyone who knows a bit of Halibut Cove history knows that is no tongue-in-cheek comment. Sad reality that finally manifested in this event.

I’ll bet $100 she will spend time as a guest of the government. My guess is in the range of 10 to 18 months followed by 3-5 years wearing a GPS ankle bracelet to monitor her probation. Fine will be in the $10,000 to $50,000 range. Any takers can PM me their handshake.

I’ll bet $100 she will spend time as a guest of the government. My guess is in the range of 10 to 18 months followed by 3-5 years wearing a GPS ankle bracelet to monitor her probation. Fine will be in the $10,000 to $50,000 range. Any takers can PM me their handshake.

Do you think she will have any USCG boat licenses revoked?

She's mentally ill and has local support to document that consistent behavior. Now what's the Court going to do to punish that illness?

Gary

Back