• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

2023 New Holstein Taildragger Flyin Information

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
Ladies and Gentlemen, we are finalizing plans for the New Holstein Flyin, and there are two items of interest!

First, in the spirit of being inclusive, we renamed the event as the New Holstein Taildragger Flyin! Sure, super cubs will always be the "founding aircraft" of our event, but we want all taildraggers to feel welcome to join in the fun each and every year. Huskies, Champs, Stinson's Oh, My! We will continue to welcome nosewheel aircraft at the event, but parking for these aircraft will remain on the ramp by the FBO.

Second, we have changed the name of our official website to fonha.org (Friends of New Holstein Airport). There you will find information regarding the New Holstein Taildragger Flyin, including the rich history of the Flyin and updates on all things related to the Flyin.

Plans are coming together for this year's event, building upon the foundation of our safe and successful Flyins of past years. One of the very positive feedbacks we received from the 2022 event was the delicious food we enjoyed! Back by popular demand will be breakfast provided by the New Holstein EAA Chapter 1622, The City of New Holstein and the Ron Sitzman Culinary Masters! In our continued effort to make sure all campers will be well-fed we are pleased that the Altona Supper Club will again be providing dinner each and every evening.

The New Holstein Taildragger Flyin will begin a day earlier this year, with the proverbial doors opening on Thursday, July 20! This will allow us all to get our tents set up and become reacquainted on the first day, then heading off to Iola for their delicious noon Flyin on Friday, July 21. We felt that giving us chance to decompress after traveling to NH before begining flyouts would be appreciated.

We are hoping to have a flyout to have lunch at the Klessig's Saxon Family Farm on Saturday, July 22, but there are a few details to work out.

We will again be asking pilots and ground crew to participate in the traditional Young Eagle Rally on Airport Appreciation Day, on Sunday, July 23. We will have the traditional STOL exhibition on that day, and enjoy the outstanding meal provided by the kind citizens of New Holstein.

We are planning a bus to AirVenture on Monday, July 24, back in plenty of time to enjoy another delicious meal and maybe even fly over to Kelley's Creamery that evening.

Tuesday, July 25, will be flyout day to beautiful Door County, taking in Washington Island and dining there.

We will breakdown the campground on Wednesday morning and travel home on Wednesday, July 26.

Jeff Russell has agreed to give a presentation about his epic trip to Alaska and the Iditarod, and we will have popcorn and movie nights!

We are not ready to open registration, but anticipate that will open on June 12. Registration will be administered through fonha.org.

We look forward to our annual "Flying Family Reunion", and hope to see you there!

FONHA Planning Team

Boy could I have fun with that first item of interest :preach ............but I'll behave myself :howdy

Sounds like another year of remarkable fun and fellowship. I'm hoping to make it and enjoy old friendships and new friendships as well. it's a lot of hard work by the team that makes it all happen. I can't Imagine a year without New Holstein Flyin. if you haven't been there, get there !!! if you have, well you have no one to blame but yourself. I'm willing to post a $100 prize to anyone who beats Charlie Aileron and "The Donald" in setting up this year (Capt Lou is excluded). Klessig's Saxon Family Farm is worth the price alone, what wonderful food and hospitality (They give Bill Marriott a run for his money) .

I must admit that there's a downside. Steve Eaton may show up, if his Supercub if it hasn't rusted to the floor of his hangar.

I need to add an endorsement for this flyin. Last year was my first year. I just dropped in not knowing a soul. Sometimes a group of old friends can be hard to break into, but these people were very welcoming from the beginning, and I had a great time. They do tell some stories. :)

It is also amazing to camp out for 5 days without bringing a single pot, pan, stove, etc. It was like Mom was there taking care of me.

Highly recommended. I will be there again this year.

John

Sounds like another year of remarkable fun and fellowship. I'm hoping to make it and enjoy old friendships and new friendships as well. it's a lot of hard work by the team that makes it all happen. I can't Imagine a year without New Holstein Flyin. if you haven't been there, get there !!! if you have, well you have no one to blame but yourself. I'm willing to post a $100 prize to anyone who beats Charlie Aileron and "The Donald" in setting up this year (Capt Lou is excluded). Klessig's Saxon Family Farm is worth the price alone, what wonderful food and hospitality (They give Bill Marriott a run for his money) .

I must admit that there's a downside. Steve Eaton may show up, if his Supercub if it hasn't rusted to the floor of his hangar.

If your coming, I’m not. [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The countdown to the 2023 New Holstein Taildragger Flyin is running!

Countdown to 8D1 6 13 2023.jpg

Please visit www.fonha.org to register and brief for the event. We look forward to another great Family Reunion!

Randy the Shooter

Attachments

• Countdown to 8D1 6 13 2023.jpg
    Countdown to 8D1 6 13 2023.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 472
Back