• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

O-235-C1 jugs, are they hard to find everywhere or just in Alaska.

Alex Clark

Life Long Alaskan
A friend of mine who ties up his plane near me has a cracked jug on his Lyc-O-235-C1. He can't find another jug anywhere.
I would have thought there would be all sorts of jugs out there from old PA-12, Colts and 7ECAs. Is it a a nation wide famine?

Call Dave at Sutton Aircraft Salvage, if he hasn’t already. I got one of those from him once, and he had a selection to pick from…

Everywhere! Had my O-235 overhauled last year. A set of cylinders new would run over $10k. I was lucky another guy had his O-235-C1 in for overhaul at the same time and he insisted on new cylinders. Had my choice of the best 4 out of 8 used cylinders and best 4 out of 7 used pistons. One of the pistons that came out of my engine was cracked in the oil control ring groove.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A local guy just needed 2 and was lucky to find them in Canada. Gibson overhauled them since they had no cores in stock. Good luck.

Jim

Back