• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

USB C Charger

I have two cheap (Amazon) 2-outlet USB chargers in the Cub. One in the panel and one in the left wing root. Both use a single breaker. Both show DC volts when energized. No noise. I see they now have USB-C versions on Amazon.

In the Cessna I have a 2-outlet cigar lighter tucked under the panel. It has a dedicated breaker and has a cheap USB adapter plugged into one outlet with a lightning cord for my panel mounted iPad. Also no noise.

I have the Appero USB with dual outputs. No noise. One has output so iPad running ForeFlight always at 100% charge.

I use generic charge ports that work on either 12 or 24 volts. Occasionally one will make noise (one out of 35 or forty) but usually trouble free. Also $20 vs $200+ compared to 'certified' ones.

Web

I hard-wired in a couple mini/micro USB connectors I bought off Amazon for my ADSB-in and my tablet.
They're in use every flight- no static.
I also bought a cheap double-USB cigarette lighter adapter to charge my phone or whatever as needed,
rarely use it but it doesn't seem to produce static either.
Main reason I have it in place all the time is that it incorporates a voltage display.

Location in the wing root?

I have two cheap (Amazon) 2-outlet USB chargers in the Cub. One in the panel and one in the left wing root. Both use a single breaker. Both show DC volts when energized. No noise. I see they now have USB-C versions on Amazon.

In the Cessna I have a 2-outlet cigar lighter tucked under the panel. It has a dedicated breaker and has a cheap USB adapter plugged into one outlet with a lightning cord for my panel mounted iPad. Also no noise.

Where does the USB go in the wing root? Up high above the backseaters head?

Yes. I didn’t really want any electrics in the wing root but with a dedicated breaker it’s rarely energized.

Attachments

• 49AE238B-7736-4406-9767-83C267CB7665.jpeg
    49AE238B-7736-4406-9767-83C267CB7665.jpeg
    292.9 KB · Views: 78
Back