• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rochester NY to Anchorage 8-3-23

Colorguns

PATRON
Bloomfield NY
I'm flying to anchorage leaving in the AM of 8/3 per weather for Anchorage in my PA12 with bush wheels.
Not sure if Ill across Canada to MI or under Chicago, then trench or the Highway?
This is more of a heads up and seeing who else may be heading that way at that time than anything.

Doug

Actually NO, I find it easier to fly longer legs by myself or with a passenger to tell them to take a picture of something I just saw. To have the ability to turn and land anywhere I feel I can and not to worry about the other plane, can they land there or anything else about having a plane next to me, too fast to slow etc.
But always fun to have someone to talk to on the ground at night or other times on the trip in the air. Know where we want to end for the day or fuel etc. then what is next.

Doug

Actually NO, I find it easier to fly longer legs by myself or with a passenger to tell them to take a picture of something I just saw. To have the ability to turn and land anywhere I feel I can and not to worry about the other plane, can they land there or anything else about having a plane next to me, too fast to slow etc.
But always fun to have someone to talk to on the ground at night or other times on the trip in the air. Know where we want to end for the day or fuel etc. then what is next.

Doug

You seen the movie " Castaway"

Glenn

I’ve done Watertown to Sault Ste Marie a couple of times. My last trip I did Buffalo across to north of Detroit. Both ways were good, but the Buffalo route had me over Canada for a shorter period of time. It just limited my exposure if something went wrong and I had to land and try to deal with an unscheduled Canadian arrival. I’m sure you’ll have a great time no matter which way you go.

Back