• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

N Number location and who makes best graphics

Looking for opinions, that should be lively, on 3 inch N number location. Fuse, rudder, etc. Who should I consider ordering the number graphics from?

If you want to paint the numbers on the local sign shop can also cut you a paint mask. Very easy to use, just stick it on, paint over it and peal it off.

location…mine are above the horizontal stabilizer, kind of at the base of the vertical stabilizer. A friend put his on the rudder in a position that lined up with a neutral elevator position. I watched a video of him departing and couldn’t see the N number until I watched it in slow motion. So, location depends on motivation…and of course compliance with your countries regulations. Motivated by anonymity…get creative.

Also, anything that says “aero” or “aircraft” adds a couple zeros to the price. When I did the checkerboard on my tail the quotes from aircraft graphics outfits were between $800 and $2000. Sign shop was much more reasonable. They cut me a paint mask…worked great.

Last edited:
I use Aerographics and like them above the horizontal stab, harder to see from the ground. I know someone who was flying low and inadvertently flew over someone's horses and was accused of scaring these prize horses so bad they would no longer breed. Turned into a $%&* show.

Suggest you read 45.21, 45.22, and 45.25. 45.25 provides the location requirements.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use Aerographics and like them above the horizontal stab, harder to see from the ground. I know someone who was flying low and inadvertently flew over someone's horses and was accused of scaring these prize horses so bad they would no longer breed. Turned into a $%&* show.

I deal with a lot of horses with PTSD. Some of it might be caused by me:oops: Interrupting breeding!? I’ll have to survey a few today and see what they say.

"I use Aerographics and like them above the horizontal stab, harder to see from the ground."
Correction Pierce..........."unable" to see from the ground
8)

You can get temporary vinyl 12” numbers to stick on for a trip requiring them and peal them off when no longer needed.

Back