• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Lycoming O-320 DLC Lifters?

TxAgfisher

East Texas
I am trying to find the right part number - do they all have the new coating now or are they making both versions? While we’re at it… can anyone verify the part number for the cam? Think you can see where I’m going with this…

Coming up with 15B26262 for the lifters.

I overhauled my engine two years ago and had this same question. Lycoming now only supplies the DLC coated lifter and the number you have listed looks correct. There is a Lycoming document that shows the old number being superseded with the new one. I’ll see if I can find the document. Just make sure you get the Lycoming brand as the aftermarket guys don’t have the DLC coated ones offered yet.

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org

That’s the correct part number. Still looking for the Lycoming document. A screen grab of my parts spreadsheet is below.
IMG_0101.JPG

Sent from my iPad using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Attachments

• IMG_0101.JPG
    IMG_0101.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 48
The screenshot is just a copy of a portion my spreadsheet where I created a list to which purchase. Did I understand your question correctly?

Well, after reading it, it sounds like I need 8 of each of these and not just the tappets.

Attachments

• 41587754-4711-4CCC-8B23-79A693384004.png
    41587754-4711-4CCC-8B23-79A693384004.png
    238.3 KB · Views: 79
The screenshot is just a copy of a portion my spreadsheet where I created a list to which purchase. Did I understand your question correctly?

Can you send me that spreadsheet by chance? Want to make sure I don’t miss anything.

The DLC coated tapper body, which some refer to as a lifter, and the hydraulic lifter are two different components. They are both needed for each valve train. The hydraulic lifter fits inside of the tappet body.

Pm me your email address and I’ll be happy to send it to you. Please be aware that the list are just the parts I replaced based on inspection or the recommendation of the Lycoming overhaul manual. Your needs may be different.

Pm me your email address and I’ll be happy to send it to you. Please be aware that the list are just the parts I replaced based on inspection or the recommendation of the Lycoming overhaul manual. Your needs may be different.

PM’d you mine

Back