• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

New Holstein Flyin Begins Thursday, July 20, 2023!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WindOnHisNose

BENEFACTOR
Lino Lakes MN (MY18)
Please mark Thursday, July 20, 2023 as the day you will arrive for the New Holstein Supercub Flyin! You won't wanna miss it! Reports from New Holstein show that the mosquito count is WAY DOWN! :roll:

1 25 2023.JPG

Randy the shooter

Attachments

• 1 25 2023.JPG
    1 25 2023.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 79
We had an awesome meeting of the Friends of the New Holstein Airport this evening. Amongst the highlights:

-We will begin the Flyin on Thursday, July 20, on a day without official flyouts. This gives us a chance to settle in, get camp set up, tie downs in place, relax and renew friendships. The flyouts will begin on Friday, with Iola on Friday, Klessig's on Saturday, Airport Appreciation Day on Sunday, AirVenture bus or flyout on Monday, Washington Island on Tuesday, break camp on Wednesday.
-Food was EXCELLENT last year, and we will look for a repeat performance this year! Thanks, Jim Dickerson!
-We are looking at ways to help the airport and reduce fuel costs. We have a plan, that will be announced shortly!
-Dianne Reese, former Mayor of NH, joined us and it was terrific to have her, and Phil Champaign (leader of the New Holstein Airport Commission), join us.
-Popcorn is in our future at the pavilion.
-Ron Sitzman's Trolley will be in full swing this year. We discussed adding a Calliope to the trolley, or at least an accordian musician, to provide music for us as we travel from the pavilion to the FBO. Any accordian players, please identify yourselves (I heard that instead of requiring a handicap tag on the rear view mirror it will be acceptable to have an accordian on the front seat of an automobile wishing to park in the handicap spaces).
-Movie nights will return.
-We are working to make sure we can plan for the day in which we experience severe weather. Jim Dickerson is working closely with the Weather Gods on this.

Hope to see you at New Holstein!

Randy the shooter

My friend and I are Cub pilots in the UK and extending our visit to AirVenture this year to include New Holstein. We called in after Oshkosh last year, on the drive back to Chicago, after the show and were made very welcome by some resident pilots. Really looking forward to visiting again for the fly-in and will be following this thread closely for information, hints and tips about joining in the fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back