• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Rib Manufacturer

SRW

Any idea who makes these ribs? I need a new one or at least obtain some of the extruded “T” material for repair.
Thanks
Steve

Attachments

• 138D4020-CE00-42C7-AB44-C273C1899F70.jpg
    138D4020-CE00-42C7-AB44-C273C1899F70.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 122
Thanks. I’ll try there. The plane was a bit of a Frankenstein project and the original builder doesn’t know where the wing kit came from.

I’d put a doubler on the vertical leg and use some standard rib cap repair metal on top. The vertical leg is where the strength is. You could start with some bar stock, mill to desired dimensions, and kerf a channel to slip onto the rib leg. That’d be simple enough.

Last edited:
Yea. The guy I’m repairing them for has some stock. Was more interested in finding the 8’1” piece of cove molding in the aileron bay or rear false spar. It’s obviously hydroformed. Wanted to see if I can find some before getting creative!

Nick Smith would be a good guy to ask. My Backcountry ribs use extruded caps and I have a hunch they come from Canada.

Back