• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Group Buy Camera Mount

Not to detract from the purpose of the thread, but that video reminded me of an incident on a very cold, clear, still air winter day. I was climbing in a DC-9 when the controller asked me to hold at fl180 because of traffic at 190. That traffic was producing a long thick vapor trail, so I knew exactly where it was. What a surprise when passing underneath to see that it was a Cessna 337 Skymaster. Probably a turbo model because of the altitude.

So you see when all the alarmists are squawking about the airliners poisoning the atmosphere, it may not be an airliner.

57571ea423983de0447ede30ed95d3df.jpg

I just put mine on yesterday. Have not had a chance to fly it yet.

Must not be using a 360° camera as I can’t seem to get the video to scroll around ? It very nice video.

Must not be using a 360° camera as I can’t seem to get the video to scroll around ? It very nice video.

I'm using the Insta360 X3 camera, it is 360. Publishing the 360 video takes a bit, I'm still working on how to post the video and photos with the ability to rotate in the 360 view.

Not to detract from the purpose of the thread, but that video reminded me of an incident on a very cold, clear, still air winter day. I was climbing in a DC-9 when the controller asked me to hold at fl180 because of traffic at 190. That traffic was producing a long thick vapor trail, so I knew exactly where it was. What a surprise when passing underneath to see that it was a Cessna 337 Skymaster. Probably a turbo model because of the altitude.

So you see when all the alarmists are squawking about the airliners poisoning the atmosphere, it may not be an airliner.

Was crazy cold the day I recorded this, -30ish.

Here is mine installed. Was a beautiful day in the Interior yesterday, went out and played on the local lakes.

I installed and flew with mine yesterday. The mount is solid and I got some good video. Now I begin the hard part of figuring out how to edit with Insta360 Studio.

I installed and flew with mine yesterday. The mount is solid and I got some good video. Now I begin the hard part of figuring out how to edit with Insta360 Studio.

I have 1000 hours of unedited video... time to go shoot more! :)

I'm hoping all these advancements in AI will solve the problem for me. I'm holding out for that. 8)

sj

What do you do with all this video after you have taken it? I have boxes of photographs taken on my many adventures which haven't been out of the box for decades. 8)

Evaluate my flying skills, find opportunities to improve, share it with others who have the same interests as me.

Here’s link to short test video I shot today—first decent flying weather in a long time. About a min+ long. It is in 360° format, so use your mouse, trackpad, tilt your mobile device or tablet to see different perspectives.

Note: There is a noticeable (annoying) “line” of the pole (?) showing up. I have the Insta360 OneX2 camera mounted in a straight line with the pole. My mount looks exactly like the picture STID2677 posted above. One lens oriented toward the plane and one lens outward.

https://youtu.be/R849vSUSpYs

GREAT product…I did email Ryan at FlightFlix to ask about the "line." It appears there is something interfering with my wing/slat--but that's not the case. Again, mount is just like the picture in the above post.

Thank you for watching!

Ted

Here’s link to short test video I shot today—first decent flying weather in a long time. About a min+ long. It is in 360° format, so use your mouse, trackpad, tilt your mobile device or tablet to see different perspectives.

Note: There is a noticeable (annoying) “line” of the pole (?) showing up. I have the Insta360 OneX2 camera mounted in a straight line with the pole. My mount looks exactly like the picture STID2677 posted above. One lens oriented toward the plane and one lens outward.

https://youtu.be/R849vSUSpYs

GREAT product…I did email Ryan at FlightFlix to ask about the "line." It appears there is something interfering with my wing/slat--but that's not the case. Again, mount is just like the picture in the above post.

Thank you for watching!

Ted

Do you have your camera in a case? Are you using lens protectors? Make sure stitching is turned on for lens guards and remove silicone case if you have it in one. Nice video, I can't get mine to render in 360 uploading them with app to youtube.

Camera not in a case. Not using lens protection. I did run power cable w some tape around pole to secure cable. Will do another test today without power cable. I also will take pic of install which I forgot to do yesterday.

If anyone wants help on how to edit and post their 360° video just give me a call...I'll walk you thru the process. 3 0 3 3 7 8 4 9 8 7

Still have a line in my video. Working with Ryan at FlightFlix to diagnose. Might be, for lack of other idea, very small custom camera support mount I have that a friend 3-D printed for me.IMG_7692b.jpg

Here is latest test video: https://youtu.be/MYJbaoUSfhM

I might try Ryan's Insta360 X2 mount. That's the last (?) variable that I can think of.

Attachments

• IMG_7692b.jpg
    IMG_7692b.jpg
    220.3 KB · Views: 43
I do believe that if you can get rid of the 3-D custom printed camera support, the dark line in your video will disappear. I don’t have anything like that support you have on the camera and I don’t get the vertical black line in my video. I’m using just the equipment from the group buy and nothing else and my camera is very secure.
Otherwise it was fun playing your 360 video and being able to adjust the view according to what I wanted to see.

3 min video today using the new double-pole mount from FlightFlix. Flight over Grand Mesa, Colorado and a few landings on the gravel strip @ KAJZ

Interesting perspective. But, I think I like mounting the 360° cam on the strut without the pole(s) slightly better--at least in so far I can see the tail, tailwheel, flap settings, slats, etc better to self-critique my landing technique. In other words, I think I sometimes prefer videos with this perspective:

All good though...each mount has its advantages!

Back