• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Christmas Gift Ideas

bcone1381

PATRON
Michigan
My family asks what I want for Christmas. “I don’t know???? I’m fine!!”

But wait….I just picked up my safety wire pliers. I want a better set. What should I ask for? I like my smaller (6” ATS $26) set better then my larger (9” ATS) set.

Milbar? Reversible? (I’m a hobby EAB builder)

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

The holy grail is an ORIGINAL (25W) pair of 6" Milbar "Tigerwave".... (Not the new 7W...They suck) I searched for about 6 years to replace a pair that was stolen from me.

Otherwise, the NEW version of the 25W 6" Milbar reversable pliers are the exact same pair with a standard jaw.

https://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/images/pdf/ms20995.pdf

The tigerwave was a patented jaw that was a wave style grip that did not nick the wire, they were so popular that when the licensing agreement with the patent holder and Milbar came up for renewal, the patent holder increased the price and Milbar did not renew. Now these are like hens teeth.

tigerwave.png

Attachments

• tigerwave.png
    tigerwave.png
    196.2 KB · Views: 1,349
Last edited:
I will be satisfied if I can just not work on my snow plows every week!!

But if we are dreaming, I could sure use a wing for my grader!:lol:8)

In the next day or two, I will have a members only group buy posted with discounted 360 camera mounts. Stay tuned!

sj

I have hinted at the Garmin D2 Air watch… Her reaction is “You’re building a plane, you are never getting another present… EVER”

Oh well

I have hinted at the Garmin D2 Air watch… Her reaction is “You’re building a plane, you are never getting another present… EVER”

Oh well
Funny!

Laura got me a D2 for my birthday I really like to watch but I don't use the aviation aspects of it very much.

sj

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Is anyone using Lc Media Stream? I'm giving a couple for Xmas. Movies, TV series, Local channels from anywhere......unlimited access to thousands of no commercial views.
One time fee.....I paid $325 for the unit....no subscription. Wi-fi required. Amazing technology.

https://www.facebook.com/LCmediaStream/

Is anyone using Lc Media Stream? I'm giving a couple for Xmas. Movies, TV series, Local channels from anywhere......unlimited access to thousands of no commercial views.
One time fee.....I paid $325 for the unit....no subscription. Wi-fi required. Amazing technology.

https://www.facebook.com/LCmediaStream/

They are a reseller of SuperStream I'm always wary of a company that ONLY has a facebook page. My spidey sense tells me that eventually somebody will close the loop on the "free" aspect of it (remember Napster?) but I am certainly intrigued by it! Google TV to do something similar is currently about $700-800 per year. Plex of course is the most popular option of folks sharing movies, TV, etc all over the internet.

https://superboxtv.shop/

sj

Funny!

Laura got me a D2 for my birthday I really like to watch but I don't use the aviation aspects of it very much.

sj

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

I have a Dynon panel, and we all know Garmin does not play nice with others, but several aspects of the watch would be useful to me. Primarily for the O2 blood level as I am up in the 8,500-10,000’ level a lot. And it does look cool too.

watch.png

Possibly one of the coolest things about the D2 is the ability to install custom watch faces - I like this particular "data overload" face best.

sj

Attachments

• watch.png
    watch.png
    578.4 KB · Views: 72
Every now and then I find something that he doesn't have (maybe really doesn't need) but likes!

That's a win in my book!

:)

cafi

Which 360 camera did you use in your YouTube example video showing off the mounts? Thanks! (Sorry if this answer is obvious; couldn't find it after snooping around for 11 minutes!)

Which 360 camera did you use in your YouTube example video showing off the mounts? Thanks! (Sorry if this answer is obvious; couldn't find it after snooping around for 11 minutes!)

Insta360 X2

They have a bunch of newer models now

Back