• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Roomier front seat mod?

hotrod180

FRIEND
Port Townsend, WA
A friend of mine is interested in buying a supercub.
Unfortunately hes a very long legged 6'4" or so , and a standard SC front seat arrangement just doesnt work for him.
Is there an STC'd mod for a far-aft sliding front seat, or similar? He'll pretty much be flying alone all the time,
so lack of rear-seat leg room isnt an issue.

The seat slide is a U channel with holes for the adjustment stops. I cut an inch off the top front of the U channel which gave me an additional inch and also did not install the rear stick as it's forward motion would be limited by the back of the set. Another inch cut off would be welcome.

Just remember to limit the front seat aft travel if the back stick is to be installed.

Is headroom or leg room the issue? If you are trying to fit his knees under the panel, find a Cub with the original short instrument panel. Makes a big difference

Well . . . . It does unless you just paid for a big panel, lol.

Web

I knew a very tall pilot who bought a SC. They essentially moved the front seat back aft by extending the aft end of the seat bottom. Can’t recall how far aft this extension went, four or five inches? Rear stick removed. Field approved.

Owner was 6’6 plus. Used to post on here occassionally.

MTV

Back