Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cub crafters simplified fuel stc

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
    Steve,
    With the Dakota headerless, one valve system, do you recommend a crossover vent tube or do you feel the vented caps on each tank are adequate? This is for the Atlee 30.5g tanks with pickups front and rear on both.
    Thanks,
    Johnny
    Everything I do is certified. A certified system requires the vent between the two tanks along with the vented caps. Certified Top Cubs and X Cubs have a vent between the two and an external vent under the wing like a Cessna. Speaking of Cessna's, they have a vent tube between the tanks as well. Nothing new and it is fool proof.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Thanks JohnnyR thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skywagon8a View Post
    My E-AB Cub has a single Left-Right-Both-Off valve, no header tanks, dual tank outlets, 24 gallon tanks, snorkel vented caps and no cross vent line.
    Same as the CubCrafters FX-3 and EX-3 and probably other versions of the Carbon Cub. One issue I have with the system is fuel spillage from the filler cap vent tubes when the tanks anywhere near full. I love to slip but seldom do in the FX-3 because the flaps are adequate and I hate the fuel stains on the wings.

Another issue that will depend on installation detail, and how rogorously you test, is unusable fuel. It's 5 gals on the FX-3. Despite what some people think, FAA unusable fuel is not the fuel left in the tanks if you drain them in level flight attitude.