• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Zebco 33 O-Ring Replacement + Drag Fixes

flagold

Abbeville, Alabama

Many of these reels are sitting around and simply need an O-ring - here's how to do it (multiple ways) and get them back on the water where they belong. Drag fixes too.

Take a kid fishing!

MM

Had one as a kid. Not many I see anymore but the SD state record walleye was taken by a lady.........sitting on the bank with her Zebco.

You - in Tulsa? Was it still Zero Hour Bomb Company or had they changed that by the time you got there?
Yep, Native Tulsan. I know the history but don't ever remember it being called by that but my dad always called it "Zero Hour." We were also the home of Lowrance Electronics and could get super deals on "seconds" at the factory store.

I caught a lot of fish in Michigan using a cheap Zebco on my days off.

No doubt. When Connie and I did the whole "Final Voyage Of The Mischief" series we bought a couple cheap Zebco 202's (combos) to take and then throw away. We're still using them and they still look new. Final Voyage Of The Mischief:

AMischief2.jpg
People still taking that trip as if it's happening today. Turns out the Final Voyage really was the final voyage of Mischief - it was stripped and abandoned, then found this year in a yard by fans of ours and is being restored to original (a ton of $ involved). Has been trucked to Kentucky Lake and recently had its first run after many years as "First Light."
Final Voyage Of The Mischief - log 1: https://youtu.be/PLre_kjIJ8Q

Attachments

• AMischief2.jpg
    AMischief2.jpg
    177.6 KB · Views: 72
  • AMischief.jpg
    AMischief.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 50
Back