• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Smoking Airplanes

Sikorsky

Smoking Airplanes, the folks that make smoke system kits; does anybody have the super secret contact info for them or know who owns it? I’ve called, left messages, emailed… and others I have talked to have done the same with similar result. Frustrated.

Zach

try Jim Wolc his email is ljwjr at yahoo.
I tried submitting his email but it wouldn't let me so maybe that is enough to get you to him.

Came back as a no go. According to the aviation federalies he appears to live in Friendswood, TX. Guess I could send him a letter…

Z

Funny. We have to get rid of 100LL to appear green, then we are going fly around billowing smoke. Not against smoke, just laughing at the hypocrisy.

While the pressurized tank is the lightest, cheapest, and likely most efficient, I think the first dose I get of billowing smoke, the pump will probably need a Hobbs meter and oil delivered by the barrel.

The hypocrisy, I agree. All about control. Some folks are just more difficult to manage…

Z

you might try ordering it from Spruce. I put one on my wagon and use it a lot. Not just for flying around "billowing smoke" but for windage, visual avoidance, and just used it this week to scare cattle off my runway. I talked to the makers in Houston area and they were great to work with, not sure why they won't get back to you. But Spruce helped me get the 24 volt version ordered from them. I am using the 2.5 gallon version and it works great.

you might try ordering it from Spruce. I put one on my wagon and use it a lot. Not just for flying around "billowing smoke" but for windage, visual avoidance, and just used it this week to scare cattle off my runway. I talked to the makers in Houston area and they were great to work with, not sure why they won't get back to you. But Spruce helped me get the 24 volt version ordered from them. I am using the 2.5 gallon version and it works great.

From the Compro website..
"Smoking can be beneficial to your wealth"

Used one of these a lot..
http://www.comproaviation.com/about-us.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiiZ2DjTqA4

Components.
- 2-3 gal tank
- shureflo pump
- 3/8” line
- adjustable valve within reach of pilot to adjust flow if needed
- injector(s) mounted as close to cylinder as possible to ensure pipe is hot and will “smoke the oil”

https://www.smoke-system-helper.com/

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Those videos are just good for the soul!!!!

I think I now have everything to make my own system. Stay tuned…

rv8slot.jpg I built my own system---MSD 2225 pump or Shurflo --Bete nozzles---AN3 lines--- Deltrol check valves T-BOLT heavy duty clamps--3 gals translucent tank---10 amp circuit breaker switch connected to a light in front of your face---tank must be vented(Vans hyd res cap is perfect)---need also a bulkhead fitting---try to route pressurized oil lines OUTSIDE the cockpit---Don`t need a metering valve or arming switch---my RV8 is the one in the SLOT ---Blue with yellow stripe---John F--

Attachments

• rv8slot.jpg
    rv8slot.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 38
FWIW heres an article about a home-made smoke system for those on a budget.

The $250 Smoke System (kitplanes.com)

Can't find it now, but I remember reading an article years ago by a guy who put a home-made smoke system in his Taylorcraft.
It didn't even have a pump-- it used compressed air.

Back