• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Greenville Maine Seaplane Fly in

The Douten takeoff is just after 4:40.00 into this video I already found on You Tube….Jim Crane Vs Dan Dufault is the one before it….and just keep watching to see them go again. Great Job guys…what a great looking day!

https://youtu.be/OnHaT0IV5aY

Last edited:
Yup, Jim did good but it was camera close with Dan Default. Douten flew it perfect as well.
nice to see Jim C get recognized at the awards ceremony. Awesome job raising money for Make a Wish.

Over 100 seaplanes on the lake and another 200 mixed types at the airport. Fantastic turn out and weather.

19EC629F-2652-4FA5-86DF-22026ABB326E.jpg
Great band Sat night. Not often you see a horn section these days.

C38D575F-ED4A-4B1A-B074-6FCF12D8F17F.jpg
airplanes at the airport.

07FAFA4A-9654-4EBF-AE6C-72ACAC7F1C81.jpg
nice looking Maule.

Attachments

• 19EC629F-2652-4FA5-86DF-22026ABB326E.jpg
    19EC629F-2652-4FA5-86DF-22026ABB326E.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 87
  • C38D575F-ED4A-4B1A-B074-6FCF12D8F17F.jpg
    C38D575F-ED4A-4B1A-B074-6FCF12D8F17F.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 76
  • 07FAFA4A-9654-4EBF-AE6C-72ACAC7F1C81.jpg
    07FAFA4A-9654-4EBF-AE6C-72ACAC7F1C81.jpg
    162.4 KB · Views: 81
I watched standing next to Douten's wife Donna. I thought I knew all the Douten adventures but heard some new ones. I'll save them for the next campfire

Glenn

Whoever ordered the weather do it again next year. No wind all week, and now a tailwind on the way home?! This can’t get any better. Unfortunately the weekend has gone by way too fast again. What a year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The mighty 82 year old J4 did about 1100 miles this past 5 days. What a week with a terrific bunch of friends.

12907 (1).jpeg

Glenn

Attachments

• 12907 (1).jpeg
    12907 (1).jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 86
0cb7a487f40675eaf0cd3f5f2da8c9e6.jpg

The best Greenville weather I’ve ever had the pleasure of experiencing…thankful to see a lot of you but we only had two of us able to make it so I know I missed a bunch of you as well.

I thought it was experimental.... Laura rode in that many years ago.

sj
Buffalo is Canadian based in Yellowknife NWT. Perhaps they look at this differently in that country? A big seaplane in the far north would be very useful.
I've ridden in it too.

Where are all the Tcraft pictures? Mid pack on the beach at the lake. Look hard for you Tcraft lovers. Both of you. Great time, great friends, great weather.

Jim

Durn it! I forgot to check SC.org to see if folks were coming up. Our place is a 15 minute walk from the airport and we would have loved to meet y’all. Did manage to have a drink with Bill Brine at our mutual friend Steve’s hangar. Fish fry and homemade rhubarb pie this year.
It was indeed glorious weather. Next time, my friends!

I made it back to Poplar Grove with an overnight in Erie PA. A bit of a struggle with weather pretty much all the way. My sister Mo was a trooper and never complained even once. Had a great stop at Jim Crane's place and got to see the potato operation. Wow, that was REALLY cool!! Then had a chance to meet and visit with his sons Ryan and Andy. Both fine young men. A credit to their parents.

Greenville was a bucket list trip and the weather at the show was absolutely perfect. I could not ask for better. Many thanks to all the folks that put up with my poor memory, and bad hearing. It was great to see you all. I hope to come back next year.

Bill

I made it back to Poplar Grove with an overnight in Erie PA. A bit of a struggle with weather pretty much all the way. My sister Mo was a trooper and never complained even once. Had a great stop at Jim Crane's place and got to see the potato operation. Wow, that was REALLY cool!! Then had a chance to meet and visit with his sons Ryan and Andy. Both fine young men. A credit to their parents.

Greenville was a bucket list trip and the weather at the show was absolutely perfect. I could not ask for better. Many thanks to all the folks that put up with my poor memory, and bad hearing. It was great to see you all. I hope to come back next year.

Bill

Hope you get to do more flying next year

Greenville Photo from Douten... "Not all the cool planes have floats"

douten.jpg

Attachments

• douten.jpg
    douten.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 773
Been a long time since I went to Woodies last time we had a large group from Greenville helping our group find the car. Flying on Saturday proved to be quite a job.

Been a long time since I went to Woodies last time we had a large group from Greenville helping our group find the car. Flying on Saturday proved to be quite a job.

Everytime we mention your name there we get in for free

Glenn

Folks

I finally got around to doing a video about flying to Mackinac Island and the Greenville 2022 Seaplane Fly-in.

Hope you enjoy

Bill

Thanks Douten. It was great to visit. Lord willing, I hope to return in 2023. Missed seeing Glenn, and a bunch of the other NE group. Next time I will come early and stay late and hope you guys will show me your playground.

Bill

Good video. That’s the best weather we have had in a long while for the event. Usually scud running to get over the hill into town.

Peter

Back