Thread: Sutton Exhaust vs. Rubbert Exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

Question Sutton Exhaust vs. Rubbert Exhaust

There is quite a bit of information out there on the Sutton exhaust to include in this forum. It is the exact opposite for Randy Rubbert's exhaust offering. From what I've pieced together, it is very similar to the Sutton design but a little smaller diameter muffler/shroud size which eliminates the potential cowling channel interference. I see may praises for the Rubbert's designs and craftmanship and an upgraded Sutton exhaust design has me intrigued. One of the big questions for me is if you can get the additional heat bands installed to the muffler body for increased heat output like you can with Sutton? I have subpar carb heat and cabin heat currently with my stock exhaust. I also assume the Rubbert exhaust gets rid of the 100 hour inspection as well? Thank you for any info in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Some pictures of it here. https://www.shortwingpipers.org/foru...ubbert-Exhaust I know it was developed to eliminate some of the clearance issues others have had with the Sutton.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Thanks AZinAK, jrussl thanked for this post
    Likes RaisedByWolves, Hardtailjohn liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    No 100hr inspection. By far the lightest/best exhaust on the market. Slightly less heat than a hot rod IMO but only can I’ll ever use (till the next best comes out). Been running them for years (FA’d before the stc). Better mouse trap. Buy it and try it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sure looks good for a guy wanting to go short mount on a 12.
    "Always looking up"

Post Thanks / Like
    Does this exhaust use clamps like the Cessna systems to lock the slip joints?

Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone know the supposed benefits besides clearance that the Rubbert has over the Sutton? The Rubbert utilizes a bunch of rivet heads for heat transfer to the passing air for cabin heat it looks like. Curious as to how that fairs compared to the Sutton heat ribbons? Also, does anyone know if the Rubbert gets rid of the AD? One of my big boxes to check is heat production as I live and fly in Alaska.
    Last edited by AZinAK; 09-03-2022 at 05:38 AM.