Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Any Ascender Updates?

Post Thanks / Like

Any Ascender Updates?

A lot of people were/are excited by the Vans RV-15 which was incredibly underwhelming for me personally. I’m more interested in The Ascender! Side by side, high prop and incredible visibility with Super Cub performance. Has anyone seen it in person? The pics on their site are pretty intriguing. http://www.bushplanedesign.com/news--updates.html

Post Thanks / Like
    You’re looking at some pretty old data.
    The Ascender followed the double ender, sadly apparently into obscurity, or a back corner of a quiet shop someplace after an power loss into water.
    I would love to see it back out and flying.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Post Thanks / Like
    From the double ender web site:

2022 Update

We have been silently developing a new airplane for the past few years. Stay tuned for more information coming later this year.
    Likes Farmboy, AZinAK liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZinAK View Post
    I’m more interested in The Ascender! Side by side, high prop and incredible visibility with Super Cub performance.
    One thing to consider with a taildragger and a high thrust line like this. If you are operating in a very rough area, soft sandy beaches, deep snow conditions or some other similar location, you could find the high thrust line a detriment. The power being up high tends to drive the nose down to the ground. If the wheels or skis don't want to move forward you will be stuck. With the engine mounted lower, it will be able to provide more forward and up thrust. If you are stuck with no help around you will be kicking yourself in the rear for choosing placing the engine up so high.

Take this from someone who has been there with a couple of different airplanes which weighed a lot more than any Cub.
    N1PA
    Likes DENNY, AZinAK, tedwaltman1, stid2677 liked this post

Exeter N.H.---Spruce Creek Fly-in(7FL6) Daytona Beach FLorida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skywagon8a View Post
    One thing to consider with a taildragger and a high thrust line like this. If you are operating in a very rough area, soft sandy beaches, deep snow conditions or some other similar location, you could find the high thrust line a detriment. The power being up high tends to drive the nose down to the ground. If the wheels or skis don't want to move forward you will be stuck. With the engine mounted lower, it will be able to provide more forward and up thrust. If you are stuck with no help around you will be kicking yourself in the rear for choosing placing the engine up so high.

Take this from someone who has been there with a couple of different airplanes which weighed a lot more than any Cub.
    hi Pete---I call it RESULTANT force---John

"You cannot teach experience, you must acquire it."
    Captain Cub
    Likes skywagon8a liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skywagon8a View Post

SeaBee and Twin Bee anyone?
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aktango58 View Post
    SeaBee and Twin Bee anyone?
    Twin Bee and Widgeon. Also a Colonial C-1 and Lake LA-4 with small nose wheels. And a Cessna 185 on Wipline amphibs with small nose wheels. And a Teal, but never went up on a beach with this one.
    N1PA