Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 116

Thread: Marion harrasses a beaver with a boat.

  1. #41
    cubdriver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    11,557
    Post Thanks / Like
    This whole thing looks like an average event the few times I landed and took off by the Cooperstown waterfront. Boats are like a moth to a flame.

    Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"
    Likes RaisedByWolves, siegel185 liked this post

  2. #42
    RaisedByWolves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    4,917
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cubdriver2 View Post
    This whole thing looks like an average event the few times I landed and took off by the Cooperstown waterfront. Boats are like a moth to a flame.

    Glenn
    One of my first landings was in alton bay on the weekend. Drunk boaters. Holy cow they all wanted to see the airplane. Pretty big waves too.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #43
    hotrod180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Townsend, WA
    Posts
    4,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by StalledOut View Post
    ..... I have seen guys tear up airstrips, dig trenches and do all kind of other bad deeds to limit access. .......
    I recall reading on this website a few years back about a guide (?) in a super cub bounce his wheels off another cub parked on "his" remote hunting strip.
    As well as people parking their airplanes on remote strips as to block their being used by others.
    Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitute!
    Likes Richgj3 liked this post

  4. #44
    wireweinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    4,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod180 View Post
    I recall reading on this website a few years back about a guide (?) in a super cub bounce his wheels off another cub parked on "his" remote hunting strip.
    As well as people parking their airplanes on remote strips as to block their being used by others.
    Seems like the difference is that those aircraft did not have to land at those strips, they had alternatives. The Beaver, on the other hand, had no choice but to deal with the waves from the boat. That placed those on board in harms way.

    Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.

  5. #45
    mvivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bozeman,MT
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod180 View Post
    I recall reading on this website a few years back about a guide (?) in a super cub bounce his wheels off another cub parked on "his" remote hunting strip.
    As well as people parking their airplanes on remote strips as to block their being used by others.
    The State of Alaska has a specific regulation which prohibits intentionally blocking a “landing site”. The Troopers fairly actively enforce that statute.

    This case isn’t quite as clear cut a violation of statute….maybe. It’ll be interesting to see what the “authorities” decide to do,

    MTV

  6. #46

    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    49
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    Funny, the internet is flooding the restaurant with poor reviews

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yelp shut down reviews after a flurry of 1-star posts. Love it.
    Likes mixer liked this post

  7. #47
    Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    At Work.....
    Posts
    2,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    On Google they are giving poor reviews to the WRONG place. I'm all for making sure this type of behavoir is not tolerated, but for goodness sake make sure you get the right place before you ruin the reputation of an innocent business.

    SHEESH!
    Likes wireweinie, skukum12, alaskadrifter liked this post

  8. #48

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Posts
    8,176
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do people who've never been there leave any kind of review? Idiots.
    Likes mixer, Steve Pierce, Willie, 5nines, skukum12 liked this post

  9. #49
    Steve Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Graham, TX
    Posts
    22,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stewartb View Post
    Why do people who've never been there leave any kind of review? Idiots.
    Nothing better to do. Internet bullies.
    Steve Pierce

    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Thanks flynlow thanked for this post

  10. #50

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Fairvew East (Crane Road Airstrip),Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm. So then the internet bullies are being not much different than the boat bully they are wishing to penalize! But at least maybe not risking physical harm with their self gratification like she was.

  11. #51
    Steve Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Graham, TX
    Posts
    22,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by salex View Post
    Hmmm. So then the internet bullies are being not much different than the boat bully they are wishing to penalize! But at least maybe not risking physical harm with their self gratification like she was.
    To give a bad review about a restaurant they have never been to is wrong to me no matter what the owner did. I see too many people jump on a bandwagon and gangbang someone on social media and they know nothing about what really happened. I local non-licensed drone operator videoed a local forest fire and posted it on Facebook. I asked him how he got permission to do that with a TFR in place online. I had been watching the SEAT planes and air tankers working the fire all day on Flightaware. That night Austin, Wichita Falls and Lubbock news stations picked up his video and aired it. I told my wife that night that the FAA would be contacting him because of all the attention. Sure enough the next morning he is ranting about someone calling the FAA on him and everyone came out in droves on a witch hunt. My wife was worried people thought I did it because of my comment the previous day. I could care less, they all just show their ignorance but the mob can cause serious harm to businesses etc. I am not condoning what the boat driver did in any way but that doesn't justify the social media mob lambasting businesses and getting the wrong business.
    Steve Pierce

    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Thanks eskflyer thanked for this post
    Likes Willie, 40m liked this post

  12. #52
    Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    At Work.....
    Posts
    2,088
    Post Thanks / Like
    I spent some time last night flagging all of the 1 star reviews on google as "inappropriate" because they were all made by the internet clowns who have never been to the place. If they had been there they would have realized they were leaving reviews for the WRONG restaurant, effectively destroying the reputation of a little coffe shop that had NOTHING to do with this.

    I would invite anyone else who has a google account to also flag these 1 star reviews as innappropriate.

    This is the innocent place that got Hammered by the Google 1-Star Review trolls - Halibut Cove Coffee House.

    -------------------

    This is the place owned by Marian Beck who is at the center of this - https://thesaltryrestaurant.com/
    Last edited by Grant; 09-01-2022 at 09:19 AM.
    Thanks amoxness, eskflyer thanked for this post
    Likes Hardtailjohn liked this post

  13. #53
    hotrod180's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Townsend, WA
    Posts
    4,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Is the video this behaviour gonna result in entitled people being called "Marions" instead of "Karens"?
    Cessna Skywagon-- accept no substitute!
    Thanks mixer thanked for this post
    Likes skukum12, eskflyer liked this post

  14. #54
    Steve Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Graham, TX
    Posts
    22,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I spent some time last night flagging all of the 1 star reviews on google as "inappropriate" because they were all made by the internet clowns who have never been to the place. If they had been there they would have realized they were leaving reviews for the WRONG restaurant, effectively destroying the reputation of a little coffe shop that had NOTHING to do with this.

    I would invite anyone else who has a google account to also flag these 1 star reviews as innappropriate.

    This is the innocent place that got Hammered by the Google 1-Star Review trolls - Halibut Cove Coffee House.

    -------------------

    This is the place owned by Marian Beck who is at the center of this - https://thesaltryrestaurant.com/
    I did the same thing with a review on my wife's CPA firm. Some woman was trying to up her rating on Google by reviewing places she had never been. I had someone give me a bad review bacause my name came up on a Google search of an insurance company he had had an issue with. I emailed him and he removed it but holy cats.
    Steve Pierce

    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Thanks eskflyer thanked for this post

  15. #55
    frequent_flyer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Arizona, USA
    Posts
    1,316
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hotrod180 View Post
    Is the video this behaviour gonna result in entitled people being called "Marions" instead of "Karens"?
    Perhaps the title of the thread should be edited to prevent that. No one named Marion seems to have been involved. (I originally thought Marion was a really bad typo for moron.)
    Thanks Coondog, toklat$1 thanked for this post
    Likes Coondog, eskflyer liked this post

  16. #56
    mvivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bozeman,MT
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frequent_flyer View Post
    Perhaps the title of the thread should be edited to prevent that. No one named Marion seems to have been involved. (I originally thought Marion was a really bad typo for moron.)
    The name of the boat driver is……Marian, apparently.

    MTV
    Likes eskflyer liked this post

  17. #57
    BC12D-4-85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK.
    Posts
    4,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    The comments section alone is worth a fresh hot cup of coffee. Be careful to not spill it> http://www.kathrynsreport.com/2022/0...bes-close.html

    Gary
    Likes eskflyer liked this post

  18. #58

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    523
    Post Thanks / Like
    Like I said earlier, this isn't anything new, it just got attention now because the video landed on social media this time. I'm sure many of us remember watching the video of Alice balling up her 206.

    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Mirian has acted like this for decades, both on land and on water. She's a 68 year old drunk loudmouthed spoiled child and a bully. No one has ever called her out on it because she's rich and her family owns most of Halibut Cove, including her restaurant. She wasn't terrorizing Eric and his customers over lost revenue, she was terrorizing them because she feels that she owns the whole entire Kachemak Bay and she has always hated floatplanes in 'her Cove.' The only floatplanes she wants to see in 'her Cove' are the ones her drunk pal Alice Rogoff crashes into the Cove.
    Likes eskflyer, AkPA/18, akavidflyer liked this post

  19. #59
    Bayou Navigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Louisiana Swamp
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Any updates on the investigation? I really don’t think this should be forgotten about.
    Likes scout88305, G44 liked this post

  20. #60
    wireweinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    4,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it's in the hands of the vaunted Alaska State Troopers, this whole thing is on it's way to being buried deeper than Jimmy Hoffa.

    Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.
    Likes cubflier, BC12D-4-85 liked this post

  21. #61
    G44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    SW Michigan
    Posts
    769
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Navigator View Post
    Any updates on the investigation? I really don’t think this should be forgotten about.
    I agree!

  22. #62

    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    nd
    Posts
    3,933
    Post Thanks / Like
    someone just needs to harass the boat.

  23. #63
    Bayou Navigator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Louisiana Swamp
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    A good one below the waterline.

  24. #64
    wireweinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    4,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Just wanted to bump this one to point out how the vaunted troopers can bury an investigation. Try doing a google search for any follow up stories about this incident. Yep. not one.

    Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.
    Thanks tedwaltman1 thanked for this post
    Likes Airguide liked this post

  25. #65
    TVATIVAK71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    ANC
    Posts
    133
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wireweinie View Post
    Just wanted to bump this one to point out how the vaunted troopers can bury an investigation. Try doing a google search for any follow up stories about this incident. Yep. not one.

    Web
    I was curious also but not surprised that this has been silenced. I imagine Halibut Cove is just like a certain community I grew up in Bristol Bay. If you have the right last name and lineage they can commit all types of crimes and even if they are caught……it gets swept under the rug. If any community members inquire…..they get threatened. The reported threats fall on deaf ears.

    I searched her name in Alaska Court View after I saw your post. Nada Zilch. If I was arrested/charged with something tonight you can bet a record of it would be online next day by noon.
    Thanks tedwaltman1 thanked for this post

  26. #66
    BC12D-4-85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK.
    Posts
    4,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are called AK District Attorneys or similar. "Their fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over harbor and city on silent haunches and then moves on" Likely there's nothing to gain here for them or their State, so they moved on.

    Gary
    Thanks tedwaltman1 thanked for this post

  27. #67
    mvivion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Bozeman,MT
    Posts
    12,645
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BC12D-4-85 View Post
    They are called AK District Attorneys or similar. "Their fog comes on little cat feet. It sits looking over harbor and city on silent haunches and then moves on" Likely there's nothing to gain here for them or their State, so they moved on.

    Gary
    Nice quote, Gary…..and appropriate….source?

    MTV

  28. #68
    BC12D-4-85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Fairbanks, AK.
    Posts
    4,413
    Post Thanks / Like
    Source of my quote: https://poemanalysis.com/carl-sandburg/fog/ It's an allegory about how law enforcement can work in my opinion.

    I suspect either the aircraft company elected not to complain for some reason, or the legal individuals and/or both felt there was more pain than gain involved. Don't know really where it's at but bad behavior can continue unless corrected.

    Gary
    Thanks Bowie thanked for this post
    Likes WWhunter liked this post

  29. #69

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Fairvew East (Crane Road Airstrip),Wasilla, AK
    Posts
    87
    Post Thanks / Like
    ADN today claims that this elitist Beck woman finally got charged for at least some of her life endangering crimes. Wonder why that took so long? Didn't take long for the law enforcement crowd to illegally arrest an award winning principal in the Mat Su valley and force her to a psych evaluation based on false charges! Apparently the rich and politically connected folks get to purchase different speeds and levels of "justice." Nothing new there I guess, but our "American freedoms" seem more at risk than ever. How long before flying itself becomes a greater target through more than just the current FAA generated harassment?
    Likes wireweinie, mixer liked this post

  30. #70
    scout88305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    1,857
    Post Thanks / Like

  31. #71

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    3,149
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by salex View Post
    ADN today claims that this elitist Beck woman finally got charged for at least some of her life endangering crimes. Wonder why that took so long? Didn't take long for the law enforcement crowd to illegally arrest an award winning principal in the Mat Su valley and force her to a psych evaluation based on false charges! Apparently the rich and politically connected folks get to purchase different speeds and levels of "justice." Nothing new there I guess, but our "American freedoms" seem more at risk than ever. How long before flying itself becomes a greater target through more than just the current FAA generated harassment?
    It takes a bit of work and time to get everyones story. Once you get all the information now you have to get in line for a a Grand Jury presentation. Unless they had reason to believe she was an active threat it is better to build a proper case and get it done right the first time. Lots of cases take a year or longer to get to court. I was rear ended few years back it took several months for a simple traffic case to get to court. Nothing special here.
    DENNY
    Thanks DanaD thanked for this post

  32. #72
    wireweinie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    4,920
    Post Thanks / Like
    Has she had access to her boat this whole time?

    Web
    Life's tough . . . wear a cup.

  33. #73
    Steve Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Graham, TX
    Posts
    22,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    I get mad like that from time to time but usually when having to drive in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro mess. When y'all hear about a guy with a dump truck with oil field pipe welded all around it knocking cars off the road and a Go-Fund me page catered to others who hate rude drivers for bail money you will know it is me.

    As far as airplane noise, the only kind that grates on my nerves are when the local gyro guys get 3 or 4 together and do constant patterns over my hanger. Again, if you here of someone shooting gyros out of the sky with a shotgun in Graham, TX that will probably be me.

    Those are my dreams and then I wake up and realize reality.
    Steve Pierce

    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Likes RaisedByWolves liked this post

  34. #74
    SJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Northwest Arkansas
    Posts
    16,066
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I get mad like that from time to time but usually when having to drive in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro mess. When y'all hear about a guy with a dump truck with oil field pipe welded all around it knocking cars off the road and a Go-Fund me page catered to others who hate rude drivers for bail money you will know it is me.

    As far as airplane noise, the only kind that grates on my nerves are when the local gyro guys get 3 or 4 together and do constant patterns over my hanger. Again, if you here of someone shooting gyros out of the sky with a shotgun in Graham, TX that will probably be me.

    Those are my dreams and then I wake up and realize reality.
    "... Police say according to his social media accounts, he had been planning this for some time ..."

    sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------
    Thanks 62E thanked for this post

  35. #75
    Steve Pierce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Graham, TX
    Posts
    22,478
    Post Thanks / Like
    Premeditated
    Steve Pierce

    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers

  36. #76
    cubdriver2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    upstate NY
    Posts
    11,557
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    I get mad like that from time to time but usually when having to drive in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metro mess. When y'all hear about a guy with a dump truck with oil field pipe welded all around it knocking cars off the road and a Go-Fund me page catered to others who hate rude drivers for bail money you will know it is me.

    As far as airplane noise, the only kind that grates on my nerves are when the local gyro guys get 3 or 4 together and do constant patterns over my hanger. Again, if you here of someone shooting gyros out of the sky with a shotgun in Graham, TX that will probably be me.

    Those are my dreams and then I wake up and realize reality.
    When I was in my 20 we used to work on singer Lou Reeds vehicles. He lived in a cabin in NWNJ and an apartment in NYC. He bought a 1970 IHC Scout with a snow plow from my buddy. We thought he bought it for the cabin driveway. He bought it and kept it in the city with the plow on year round. He said nobody messed with him at a busy intersection when he pulled out plow first.

    Glenn
    "Optimism is going after Moby Dick in a rowboat and taking the tartar sauce with you!"

  37. #77
    courierguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Inkom, Idaho
    Posts
    2,246
    Post Thanks / Like
    I drive my Prius as much as I can, as it saves me so much money, but I've noticed it gets no respect! Then I get to my crane yard and climb into my Mack Granite 55 K pound boom truck and hit the road....it's an interesting difference in how I and others interact while driving for sure. I imagine those here who are ATP's in their work day and fly Cubs on their time off have to make a similar attitude adjustment.
    Thanks akmarty thanked for this post
    Likes OldRed, SJ, Waldo M liked this post

  38. #78
    aktango58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    18AA
    Posts
    9,986
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Pierce View Post
    when the local gyro guys get 3 or 4 together and do constant patterns over my hanger. Again, if you here of someone shooting gyros out of the sky with a shotgun in Graham, TX that will probably be me.

    Those are my dreams and then I wake up and realize reality.
    Headline: Aircraft repair shop initiates new market strategy to find local work

    Denny- if not a threat? Watch the video and it makes it obvious that individual is a threat if anywhere near the controls of a boat, and lives in a boat community; threat assessment: EXTREME
    I don't know where you've been me lad, but I see you won first Prize!
    Likes Herc, akavidflyer, Hardtailjohn liked this post

  39. #79

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canyon, tx
    Posts
    1,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cubdriver2 View Post
    When I was in my 20 we used to work on singer Lou Reeds vehicles. He lived in a cabin in NWNJ and an apartment in NYC. He bought a 1970 IHC Scout with a snow plow from my buddy. We thought he bought it for the cabin driveway. He bought it and kept it in the city with the plow on year round. He said nobody messed with him at a busy intersection when he pulled out plow first.

    Glenn
    Now I’ve got “Walk on the Wild Side” stuck in my head. Thanks a lot
    Likes Steve Pierce liked this post

  40. #80

    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Canyon, tx
    Posts
    1,108
    Post Thanks / Like
    Do do do dododo……….

Similar Threads

  1. Pig Boat
    By cubdriver2 in forum Video Vault
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-24-2021, 03:03 PM
  2. Boat Trip
    By flagold in forum Sportsman's Den
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-11-2008, 11:07 AM
  3. Herc On the Boat
    By mvivion in forum Cafe Supercub
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-25-2006, 02:37 PM

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •