Thread: Help Wanted

Post Thanks / Like

Help Wanted

Experienced A&P or an apprentice willing to learn. People keep tearing up Cubs and not enough good maintainers. Between rebuilds, maintenance, annual inspections and repairs I cannot keep up. My number one helper just had her second baby in a year and has her hands full. If you are willing to work and want to learn I will teach. I maintain several Cub Crafters FX3, and NX Cubs along with several nice Super Cubs, 2 Huskys and a Maule. I have a Super Cub in rebuild as well. Soon to move into a well insulated, heated and air conditioned hangar. Graham is a nice, small town of about 7000 people. Also have an apartment just outside of my big hangar. Here is the catch, you have to show up for work every day and want to learn if not already experienced. I am the boss, my name is on the door, logbook, bank note and your paycheck. Have been down this road before so it isn't my first rodeo. I enjoy passing on what I have learned over the past 30 plus years and think for the right person this could be a great opportunity but it is work and if it was easy everyone would do it. You can email me at steve@pierceaero.com, I don't answer the phone.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Thanks Coondog, Pete Schoeninger thanked for this post
    Likes hotrod180, WWhunter, Willie, Rob, skukum12 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Great opportunity. Have to like cats and dogs though.
    "Put out my hand and touched the face of God!"

Post Thanks / Like
    Folks, this is a seriously great opportunity to learn from one of the best. It is extremely difficult right now all over the country to find anyone who can do anywhere near Steve's level of restoration and repair work. It's a great future for you if you listen and learn it right!

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------
    Thanks tedwaltman1 thanked for this post
    Likes skywagon8a, DesperadoPilot liked this post

Laporte, Minnesota and the white sandy beaches of NW Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Having followed Steve's input on this forum over the years, I wish I were 30-40 years younger. I would be packing my bags and headed to Texas. Great opportunity for someone wanting to get into this segment of aviation.
    Don't take life too seriously ... no one gets out alive!

Post Thanks / Like
    To get the full graham work experience you must spend the first summer in the old hangar
    Likes Eddie Foy, jrussl, SJ, Utah-Jay, TxAgfisher liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Don’t forget to add, awesome flying close by too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Likes jrussl, Rob liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That would be such a great job.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Post Thanks / Like
    Our local Fairbanks A&P school trains and graduates in a full year. Many are offered continuing training, but not all may be focused on a particular career segment or resolved to persevere. I think it would be a challenge to accept someone freshly minted that was less than experienced then expect them to develop well. I've interacted with only a few A&P's in 48 yrs that truly know the art and have the gift of the skills required.

Gary
    Likes DENNY, supercrow liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I ended up posting this on Facebook and it blew up, 101 comments just on my post not including the 178 shares. Lots of comments about wishing they were younger or I was closer. I guess the moving thing never bothered me, my Dad spent 20 years in the Navy so I have lived all over. My friends thought I was nuts when I moved to Breckenridge Texas from Memphis, TN. They didn't understand my comments about there being 2 P51s, a Corsair and a couple of Sea Furies.

Through countless emails and phone calls yesterday I found several folks with a passion for aviation. Several pilots wanting to add their A&P. I did find a local young man working in the aviation industry but not in the capacity that he would like. He starts part time this afternoon after his day job to see what he thinks. From our interview I think he is a perfect fit. Also found a welder with mechanic abilities willing to relocate and follow his dream. Several other people to talk to but these stand out so far. Overwhelmed with the response for sure.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Thanks JeffP thanked for this post
    Likes jrussl, SJ, LMartin, skukum12, BC12D-4-85 and 12 others liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    great news
    Staying alive in an airplane has a lot more to do with mastering ourselves than mastering the aircraft.

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too!