Thread: O-200 to C-90

Post Thanks / Like

O-200 to C-90

Hey guys, I was looking with not much luck, but is there a service letter or any info on converting a O-200 to C90. Is the cam the only difference?

Thanks
    Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post
    Hey guys, I was looking with not much luck, but is there a service letter or any info on converting a O-200 to C90. Is the cam the only difference?

Thanks
    Tom

I think the rear case mounting is the same as a C-90-16 for an 0-200.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a conversion service letter that states it (the service letter) is FAA approved. Not sure it covers that exact conversion. I'll try to dig it up.
    Thanks RaisedByWolves thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    My understanding is the service letter you are referring to (link below) allows conversion from sub-model (letter) to another letter. To convert an entire model to another model, you need a new serial number from TCM. I'd be interested to know if you think this is possible - but my reading of this does not look good. Why not just sell it, and buy what you want in a core for core exchange?

http://www.tcmlink.com/pdf2/m75-6r1.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by bob turner View Post
    There is a conversion service letter that states it (the service letter) is FAA approved. Not sure it covers that exact conversion. I'll try to dig it up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by soyAnarchisto View Post
    My understanding is the service letter you are referring to (link below) allows conversion from sub-model (letter) to another letter. To convert an entire model to another model, you need a new serial number from TCM. I'd be interested to know if you think this is possible - but my reading of this does not look good. Why not just sell it, and buy what you want in a core for core exchange?

http://www.tcmlink.com/pdf2/m75-6r1.pdf
    C90 and O-200 are sub models of the same Type Certificate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Thanks soyAnarchisto thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah, now I have to go look. Just when I was getting comfortable on the couch. . .

Post Thanks / Like
    Service Bulletin M47-16 with supplement 1 dated Feb 26,1960. But none of these specifically address the O-200. Might look at them anyway, since they have generic hints buried in them.

The SB was eventually cancelled by Continental, but since Continental does not have authority to change FAA- approved data, the SB can still be relied on.

According to Continental customer service (Harold Ames) you can convert a C-85 to a C-90 with a logbook entry, so long as you re-stamp the data plate. I stopped reading after that little morsel.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaisedByWolves View Post

Thanks
    Tom

I did it experimental. Changed the cam and used chamfered c85 pistons. It really woke it up

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app
    Likes cubdriver2 liked this post