• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

O-200 to C-90

Tx
Hey guys, I was looking with not much luck, but is there a service letter or any info on converting a O-200 to C90. Is the cam the only difference?

Thanks
Tom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a conversion service letter that states it (the service letter) is FAA approved. Not sure it covers that exact conversion. I'll try to dig it up.

My understanding is the service letter you are referring to (link below) allows conversion from sub-model (letter) to another letter. To convert an entire model to another model, you need a new serial number from TCM. I'd be interested to know if you think this is possible - but my reading of this does not look good. Why not just sell it, and buy what you want in a core for core exchange?

http://www.tcmlink.com/pdf2/m75-6r1.pdf

There is a conversion service letter that states it (the service letter) is FAA approved. Not sure it covers that exact conversion. I'll try to dig it up.

My understanding is the service letter you are referring to (link below) allows conversion from sub-model (letter) to another letter. To convert an entire model to another model, you need a new serial number from TCM. I'd be interested to know if you think this is possible - but my reading of this does not look good. Why not just sell it, and buy what you want in a core for core exchange?

http://www.tcmlink.com/pdf2/m75-6r1.pdf

C90 and O-200 are sub models of the same Type Certificate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Service Bulletin M47-16 with supplement 1 dated Feb 26,1960. But none of these specifically address the O-200. Might look at them anyway, since they have generic hints buried in them.

The SB was eventually cancelled by Continental, but since Continental does not have authority to change FAA- approved data, the SB can still be relied on.

According to Continental customer service (Harold Ames) you can convert a C-85 to a C-90 with a logbook entry, so long as you re-stamp the data plate. I stopped reading after that little morsel.

Back