• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Jacksonville NC area info

Farmboy

Middlebury, VT
If I were to get down to the Jacksonville NC area for this coming weekend 2-4th, anyone know of a decent place to base my cub out of, and get a decent hotel with my daughter?

Trying to visit a friend at Camp Lejeune .
Thanks,
Pb

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers… [emoji849]

I kept my Cub at South Oaks 05N when I lived near there not too long ago. Nice grass strip, about an hour drive from Jacksonville.

Albert Ellis Field (OAJ) is close by Camp Lejune. Paved runway. Not sure if there would be hangars available. And you'd probably be able to get a rental car there.
Stag Airpark (7NC1) is about a 45 minute drive from Camp Lejune. 4000 foot grass strip, but it's out in the country. Probably no hangar available and probably difficult to get a rental car delivered there.

Thanks guys.

OAJ may be the easy route, although it kills me. Hope to not need a hangar and would like grass, but for a couple days the ease and convenience may be the smart route. STAG is a good option but as you mentioned ground transportation will be a hurtle.
Might call the number for TOPSAIL and see if it's okay to tie down there. Bunk of airspace but location seems decent.

pb

Back