Thread: Spidertracks, Price Increases, UNCLE!

Post Thanks / Like

Spidertracks, Price Increases, UNCLE!

I’ve been spoiled for many years with a grandfathered $20 per month service plan. Spidertracks just rescinded my old plan and offered me their least expensive option. Just under $500 per year to maintain service plus $2.50 per flight. The cost has exceeded the value for my needs. No criticism, they’ve grown a strong company with an excellent product and they deserve to make a profit. If anyone needs a couple of Spiders I have two that’ll be collecting dust.
    Thanks SJ, WindOnHisNose thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I will never forget our trip from Graham, Texas to Anchorage, Alaska with your Spider Tracks. Everyone following, commenting etc. It was an awesome trip made better by your generosity. Sorry to hear about the price increase.
    Steve Pierce

Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects.
    Will Rogers
    Likes SJ, Brandsman liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    We were just talking about Spidertracks the other day. Inreach, etc have a ways to go to get that kind of reliable tracking.

sj
    "Often Mistaken, but Never in Doubt"
    ------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve had an Inreach for years and will use it as needed. ADS-B is the real game changer in tracking. Neither matches the features Spidertracks offers. I’ll miss it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve used in reach for several years now and I’ve been very happy with the performance. I have a buddy that picked up the spot buddy app and was upgrading the performance. He had some issues last fall with it hopefully he will be able to get it back online, it has a lot of features. He’s running a five plane operation in a few other ventures this summer so don’t know how soon he’ll be able to get everything straightened out.
    DENNY

Post Thanks / Like
    Imagine if MH370 had spidertracks.....
    Likes BC12D-4-85 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I too am caught up in this mess. I got my Spider with a special offer deal that I got from Stewart. I use the Spider in the plane, on my snowmachine and even in a boat once in a while. I just use it for basic tracking so family can see where I am on a bonehead simple map. They can see my speed, direction of travel and a timestamp. I don't need much. MikeMCS built a special bracket it mounts in quickly in the cub that works great.

In the e-mail regarding the price hike they asked for comments, so I left them one. They wrote back and we bounced messages last Thursday. They made me a better offer for a year. I have not accepted it and don't think I will.

Post Thanks / Like
    How is Spider better than inReach?
    Thanks tedwaltman1 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    For what I use it for now, I don't know that it is better.

Many years ago it just worked better than my original inreach (version 1) and you could set it up to send texts based on activity automatically.
    Likes C130jake liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yep, auto texting when I took off and landed based on speeds I set. Wife clicked on the text and it showed a satellite view of where I was. Any time the plane slowed below the set speed she got a text. Runway or side of a mountain, she'd know in seconds. She'll miss it more than me. My Inreach works but I won't pay the price to get 2 minute reporting like Spidertracks has always used. With this price change it'll cost $50 per month to get 2 minute reporting with either service. And for that Spidertracks is still superior given the texting feature.
    Likes C130jake, StuBob liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Right, but in the months you're not active, now I pay $20 a month, with the increase that doubles.

Get rid of the per month fee and charge me per ping. I'd be much happier. Paying for the usage I don't mind.

Dish networks lets me suspend the TV service for the months I can't get to the cabin without penalty.

Spidertracks does not.