• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Vortex Generator - not enough elevator authority

Joey indicates that it flew fine before VGs, and no other changes were made. If it were my airplane and I was sure the installer had not left lead in the engine comartment or made any other changes, the VGs would come off for a test flight.

She did have the wing painted after installation, which could be a source of reluctance - but the philosophy should never be "add a mod, and if it doesn' work well, add more mods."

Opinion. Like Steve, I too hate acronyms. They force us to do strange things, like sending notices to missions instead of airmen.

I installed a VG kit in Feb 22 on my PA-12, it has wing and horizontal stabilizer VG's. Ever since, I do not have enough trim/elevator authority to get the stick back in flare, it's like pulling a donkey. And I slam off the mains on landing when solo. Anyone else have this problem? I spoke to micro aerodynamics and they are going to give me a call back.

[FONT=&quot]Well - it appears the bungee/spring is busted- and the timing was such the VGs likely masked it - degrees of travel is accurate at 25, upping to 27. Also found a leak in static affecting ASI- standby- will have update when fixed.[/FONT]

Well - it appears the bungee/spring is busted- and the timing was such the VGs likely masked it - degrees of travel is accurate at 25, upping to 27. Also found a leak in static affecting ASI- standby- will have update when fixed.

Buddy had his spring break on his 12 and it jammed the elevator almost completely (he could move the stick fore and aft about an inch). He was able to land it hot using trim and throttle.

Buddy had his spring break on his 12 and it jammed the elevator almost completely (he could move the stick fore and aft about an inch). He was able to land it hot using trim and throttle.

after 3 go arounds and then going to a bigger runway and then one more go around, I got it down very unpretty with throttle.
and a lot of tears.

i dont think its broken bust stretched out.

Back