• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Garmin 695

skywagon8a

SE Mass MA6
The Garmin 695 fills the bill for my use. This spring when it came out of it's winter mothballs for it's first flight, it was a big blank .. nothing. WTF it worked great last fall. Turned off and on a couple of times, cycled the CB ... nothing. Back in the hangar the next day turned it on and there it was just like nothing was wrong! The battery indicated a full charge. So took it out flying again a few days later .... nothing! Cycled switches and saw a very dim outline of GARMIN and then a dim outline of the first page. Back in the hangar. A few hours later in semidarkness, I tried it again. A very dim screen. Went to the main menu, system set up, and there at the top was a slider to set the backlight intensity. It had shifted to full dim on it's own over the winter. Set it up brighter and all is good.

Just thought you guys might like to have a heads up on a situation. I was thinking for sure it was headed to a shop for some $$$ outlay.

SMITHCUBPetes041.jpg

Back