• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Maine Wings for Wishes 2022

Hi Jim---I can`t keep this Oklahoma sweetheart on the ground---Kathleen and I will be flying in Thursday for duration----thanks---Capt Cub--

Now things are starting to shape up nicely. Ive had a lot of calls as well. I suppose i should set up some sort of survey page, but plans change and if he wx is good several come last minute
We have space for a lot of planes, showers and camping too.
if you cant make it. this is a link to the online donation page:

https://secure2.wish.org/site/TR/Wi...team_id=35820&pg=team&fr_id=4019#.YrqAYnbMKUn

Last year we ended up right at $30,000. A fantastic goal. Please help with whatever you can

Let me know here on this site or facebook what your plans are

Jim Crane
jimcrane04435@gmail.com

Plan to fly in on Thursday with Judy following in the coach with the breakfast fixins. Plan on blueberry pancakes with Vermont maple syrup, bacon and eggs, scrambled if the roads are rough and ham and cheese omelets. If someone has a special breakfast request let me know on August 8th.
I will need a head count by August 3rd.

The schedule is getting refined a bit more now. We have been invited to have breakfast at Sugarloaf regional. It's the prettiest airport in Maine. We will leave fairground fairly early have breakfast at the airport, then Captain Russell and I will lead two flights thru the dead river gorge on our way over to Dexter for the official start of Wings for Wishes
putting it all together now

Ok boys and girls, heres the latest shot across the bow for Wings for Wishes. The local Kiwanis has decided to move there big Hot Rod Cruise in to the airport to be held at the same timeon Saturday. that should be a huge crowd. There will be some sort of ATC on the ground to facilitate plane movement with so many folks around. We will brief on that friday evening

The sched looking something like this;

Wednesday I might put you to work on a lawnmower. We should be able to sneak away on patrol somewhere
Thursday same deal, except 5 pm hard stop to go across town for Wood Fired Pizza at my friends place. Good stuff!

Friday is a spin to the coast, a lobster roll, and a swim at the 2 falls water falls Mid Friday afternoon, we will head to the waterfront in Dexter for ice cream social, and start collecting money. The amphib ramp has been worked on and is in better shape
If you havent participated in the Friday night event before, you need to check in with me for a individual brief. The hayfield we land in is just above the beach, its not for everyone

Saturday we are leaving early to head for Carrabassett Valley for breakfast, then to the Dexter airport 1B0 for the start of Wings for Wishes/ hot rod cruise in. If time allows, Captain Russell and I will lead 2 groups down the dead river gorge, its a beautiful river gorge

Saturday about 3 back to my hangar for Lobster(hopefully) that evening. Some special awards that evening
Most folks head home on sunday

Please come prepared to tent camp, we have a couple showers and flushes

Let me know your plans as soon as possible
thx
Jim

Near Dexter Maine 1B0 Jim’s is a little to the east not on the charts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just look for the Giant Potato Storage Buildings when coming past the Dexter area. The field is off to the left and can be a bit tricky to spot until you are almost on top of it. It has a distinctive stock car oval adjacent from the old days.

Back to front and center. Creeping closer. There is a change on Thursday Lets try to meet at Twitchell's in Turner Maine 3B5 for lunch and gas. Its a good way to support this airport with the recent turmoil
Will post the revised sched tonight
jim

Sorry about that I had 3 center pivot irrigators all call me at the same time last night with shutdowns.
here is the schedule right now

Thursday
Meet for informal lunch at Twitchells 3B5 turner maine. We can grab something at the Irving Station
lets try to show some support for this airport which is threatened with closure
we can take the long way home up the coast to fairground field
Dinner on Thursday night is at my friends wood fired pizza here in town

Friday
Breakfast at hangar by chef Glenn Symon
daily brief
head to moose head lake to the birches resort plan to arrive @11 am. Float planes can tie up on floatplane dock
just after lunch head for 2 falls airstrip Sebec lake for a swim at the waterfall
head to Dexter beach water front at 330
ice cream social and collecting money until 7. Dinner served during the evening
back to fairground 7 pm

Sat morning brief at. 730.
Depart to sugarloaf carrabassett valley for breakfast
depart by 930 for a Dead river gorge run ends in dexter
Dexter airport make a wish dayceremony 300 in big hangar
back to fairground 330
lobster. Dinner 7pm
special awards

sunday morning breakfast by Chef Glenn Symon.. most folks head out. For the die hards we can plan a run to the coast to mess around

that’s it for now

Last edited:
Jim, Looks like I can make it for part of it, meet you at 3B5 but Sat after breakfast need to go to the reunion. Thanks for all you do Douten

My phones been abuzz with calls and emails from folks deciding to come to Maine. Looks like an excellent crowd,We sure intend to have some fun and make some money for Make a wish Maine

Jim

UP FOR BID
Donated by Dan Dufault at Supercubs North
T3 tailwheel double shock unit
E335201A-AF30-40A2-AF04-BC47037E5554.jpeg
specific fit for your plane

place your bid right here as a reply to this post. Bids close 8 pm Saturday august 6
jim

Attachments

• E335201A-AF30-40A2-AF04-BC47037E5554.jpeg
    E335201A-AF30-40A2-AF04-BC47037E5554.jpeg
    176.2 KB · Views: 80
UP FOR BID
ONE set of Acme black ops shocks donated by the great folks at Acme Aero
specific to your gear configuration
100% of bids goes to make a wish Maine

4EABDF1A-03F7-409D-BB9C-4F8906357278.jpeg
place your bid right here as a reply. Bids close Saturday at 8pm

Attachments