• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Maine Wings for Wishes 2022

Farmboy

Middlebury, VT
Jim is going to hold off mass marketing until later, but I’d like to propose something to you guys.

Why not put this years event, Aug 5-7 on your calendar, and fly on up to Maine for some good old fashioned hangar stories and campfire chats? Maybe even get reacquainted with the white mountains and the Maine seacoast. Find out why it’s so special to us.

I mean, think about it. August in Texas? Arkansas? Florida? Kansas dust bowl? They all sound like a great a time to go to Maine.
Steve has a new plane to fly. Two actually.
Pete has an Amphib he can take anywhere.
Mike, when did you last get to Maine?
Randy, yes, you need to get away.
SJ, Laura wants to see the coast and eat lobsta.
Henry, you’ve got guys to tend the crops. Fly up here and relax in the land of potatoes.
Oldcuby, newcuby, futurecuby, And all the rest of you….. Jim wants 50 aircraft on the ground.
But 10 of you guys…. That would be priceless.

Plan a week, you’ll extend it another once you get there.

Put it on your calendar and circle it in Red. Get the old guard to Maine. Let’s make it even more special to Jim Crane. If you do, your life will be even more enriched than it is now.

Remember, If not now, then when???
August.
5-7, at a minimum.

Pb [emoji123]

Transmitted from my FlightPhone on fingers… [emoji849]

Last edited:
I'm glad it was moved back to the first weekend in August. Bobbie and I will be there this year.

Larry.

I will be there. I'm all for airplanes on the ground. Hopefully we can find another ceiling display as this one is ready for a change.....

2022-05-11 14.49.59.jpg

Attachments

• 2022-05-11 14.49.59.jpg
    2022-05-11 14.49.59.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Geez JP I didn’t realize Jim was into ceiling art so much.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

Geez JP I didn’t realize Jim was into ceiling art so

Pete
Thanks for the shot across the bow. Never hurts to get out in front of things. I appreciate the help.
im really wanting to break a record this year with attendance. I set a goal of 50 planes
The things that folks liked in years past we plan to do again, Friday night kickoff at the ice cream shack at the beach, a day at the coast ,swimming at 2 falls
and some wood fired pizza I’ve got a couple more things in the wind as well
We are looking for donations of goods and services for the silent auction too. Even some airplane psrt# sell well
Stay tuned for more info

jim

We will try and find a replacement pinata.

On a serious note, the accessory case on the C90-8 took a bit of a hit from a crank gear that gave up the ghost. So, if anyone has a serviceable c90-8 accessory case do let me know.....

JP

What night do we beat the pinata ?

Glenn

Are you bringing weapons to use on the piñata? Somewhat like the burning cub light off?

Oh, just you wait. I don't belong to the yacht club for nothing.

Are you bringing weapons to use on the piñata? Somewhat like the burning cub light off?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/fXJpNMm7RqQ646Wr5
Here is the Host: And master of ceremonies; Sunday morning after scrambled eggs with Maine Fiddleheads, Crane Bros fried spuds, Jimmy Dean and Peet's Coffee. Looks like it added a few seconds to his T/O run......Lol. Still only a few hundred feet. This is sure to be a great event! Don't miss it.
IMG_20220529_101141212~2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20220529_101141212~2.jpg
    IMG_20220529_101141212~2.jpg
    198.2 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
6D880840-66AA-43DD-B6D4-3763488366F8.jpgWell, now that were in between JC and Winifred, lets boot this one back to the top. Were starting to get some stuff being donated for the silent auction now. A lot of folks have been really generous with donating goods and services. Let me know what you have. Going to change up the auction a bit this year. I got some good feedback last year.

The sched is a bit loose right now. You are welcome to come anytime thqt week. Thurs night is going to be wood fired pizza night, Friday is fly about day and ice cream on the beach, saturdayis the Main day at the Dexter airport
We plan on heading back to Two Falls for a swim in the river. always a treat I have planned a really special evening at my hangar, you wont want to miss it Tentativly planning on lobster, unless it pokes it head over 20 a pound

Ive started a list of who is coming up to stay.. Let me know your plans.
We should have a website link up this week for online donations.
Really lookinig forward to this
Hope you all can meke it

Jim

Attachments

• 6D880840-66AA-43DD-B6D4-3763488366F8.jpg
    6D880840-66AA-43DD-B6D4-3763488366F8.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 104
Last edited:
Thanks Jim.
I’m coming to stay. I may not leave. ..willingly.

I’ll be up Thursday night. That pizza is excellent. And the ride over and back in the truck bed always brings out some youthful memories. Maybe skip the bus and just get a bigger truck this year. ;)

Pb

Ps. 44 days. That’s like just around the corner.

Getting some feedback from the old swimming hole. Something about a swimsuit for an Ohio vet Carbon cub pilot

I'll be in Peter's wake Jim, but not far behind. That swimming hole is pretty special, and the ice cream, and the corn, and the pancakes, and the good people.

View attachment 61500Well, now that were in between JC and Winifred, lets boot this one back to the top. Were starting to get some stuff being donated for the silent auction now. A lot of folks have been really generous with donating goods and services. Let me know what you have. Going to change up the auction a bit this year. I got some good feedback last year.

The sched is a bit loose right now. You are welcome to come anytime thqt week. Thurs night is going to be wood fired pizza night, Friday is fly about day and ice cream on the beach, saturdayis the Main day at the Dexter airport
We plan on heading back to Two Falls for a swim in the river. always a treat I have planned a really special evening at my hangar, you wont want to miss it Tentativly planning on lobster, unless it pokes it head over 20 a pound

Ive started a list of who is coming up to stay.. Let me know your plans.
We should have a website link up this week for online donations.
Really lookinig forward to this
Hope you all can meke it

Jim
Count me in Jim. Looking forward to it. I plan on showing up Thursday.

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org mobile app

Count me in for Thursday- Saturday AM
W/ Joanne. On Amphibious

Back