• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

License Revoked

After Taylorcraft Boy bailed out for click bait, and was revoked, the FAA really couldn't pass on this one.....and well deserved.

MTV

I have rejected students. In one case, in the middle of a flight review.

The owner of a Maule contracted me to do his flight review. We met at his home airport and flew about 10 miles to another airport to practice takeoffs and landings. He flew the pattern using rudder-only for turns. Discussion in the air proved fruitless, so we landed to talk about it. He was insistent and argumentative that he couldn’t spin using rudder-only and that’s what his previous CFI told him.

I got out and found a friend at a nearby hangar to drive me to the other airport to get my Jeep and that’s the last I heard from him.

I’ve had 500+ great students…we don’t need every customer.

Daryl

I was curious if you could take a commercial checkride and qualify for both commercial and private (1 stone/ 2 birds)

Sent from my iPhone using SuperCub.Org

I don’t think there is any requirement to get a lesser certificate. If you meet the experience requirements and pass the written and practical test you should get the certificate. Question is, what are the conditions of the revocation?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

61.123(h) pretty explicitly says you need to hold at least a private pilot certificate first or meet the military equivalent requirements of 61.73 as a requirement of the commercial. Even if you could take a combined check ride, it probably wouldn't make sense from a workload standpoint. He'll have to take his instrument ride, too if he had it. I'd bet he will need to take these check rides with an ASI and not just a DPE but who knows. I bet that's spelled out in the revocation.

No reason you can’t take multiple rides together. I did commercial multi engine, Instrument Airplane and Instrument Instructor all in the same ride.

I also did my Commercial Glider and Glider Flight Instructor both in the same ride.

Interesting fact, my Flight Instructor, Instrument, Airplane was my first Instructor rating. I did not have an Instructor, Airplane Single Engine or Multi Engine at the time. Not many pilots have jumped right into the instrument instructor with no other instructor ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

61.123(h) pretty explicitly says you need to hold at least a private pilot certificate first or meet the military equivalent requirements of 61.73 as a requirement of the commercial. Even if you could take a combined check ride, it probably wouldn't make sense from a workload standpoint. He'll have to take his instrument ride, too if he had it. I'd bet he will need to take these check rides with an ASI and not just a DPE but who knows. I bet that's spelled out in the revocation.

"61.123(h) Hold at least a private pilot certificate issued under this part or meet the requirements of § 61.73;"

The applicant is not required to hold the Private pilot certificate. Granted most do, but is not required.

No reason you can’t take multiple rides together. I did commercial multi engine, Instrument Airplane and Instrument Instructor all in the same ride.

I also did my Commercial Glider and Glider Flight Instructor both in the same ride.

Interesting fact, my Flight Instructor, Instrument, Airplane was my first Instructor rating. I did not have an Instructor, Airplane Single Engine or Multi Engine at the time. Not many pilots have jumped right into the instrument instructor with no other instructor ratings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my CFII first also. At the time the initial CFI had to be done with the FSDO. Since the double I ride is more straight forward (fewer opportunities to screw up);I did that first then added on CFI-A with a DPE

Rich

"61.123(h) Hold at least a private pilot certificate issued under this part or meet the requirements of § 61.73;"

The applicant is not required to hold the Private pilot certificate. Granted most do, but is not required.

The requirements of 61.73 are having been a military pilot with specific background/experience. I don’t think that applies in this case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back