• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

License Revoked

Eddie Foy

South Florida
[video]https://www.aerotime.aero/articles/30803-faa-revokes-license-youtuber-plane-crash?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&fbcli d=IwAR28GqURlF4rfKPMsIKlKYCsNqjtDJjZq-_JrrABoxIFWNkKXr0mZCoCuGA[/video]

Eddie,

I get a malware warning and the DIVE-DIVE-DIVE alarm goes off on my firewall from that website.

Kirby

Disclaimer: facts may not be right in this video.

Last edited:
Only problem with Blancolirio is he rarely gets the facts right (not to mention the tendency to over speculate on accidents), including this time.

According to what I read, Trevor can start his private pilot license training process again in a year, take a checkride, and have his license back.

sj

Only problem with Blancolirio is he rarely gets the facts right (not to mention the tendency to over speculate on accidents), including this time.

According to what I read, Trevor can start his private pilot license training process again in a year, take a checkride, and have his license back.

sj

Yep. Same deal with Martha.

How many views did Blanco get pimping off Trevor's stunt? YouTube self righteous chest thumping is going back to eleven.

Do they have to go thru the complete 40 hour course, or do they get credit for previous time?

Credit for previous time. All a person would need is to pass the written, get the required prep time from a CFI, get recommended for the check ride by a CFI via IACRA (8710-1) and pass the practical test. I’m not sure if the practical test can be administered by a DPE, but it may be ok. Otherwise would have get done by FAA.

As usual, I’m open to correction :)

Do they have to go thru the complete 40 hour course, or do they get credit for previous time?

For some reason I thought he had to do all the training and log all the training stuff again - but Rich may be right, if so, they should have just suspended it for a year as another checkride is not that big of a deal.

sj

SJ

Similar discussion going on over on Beechtalk.com. It seems to be that the consensus there is previous time/experience is valid. Doesn’t make me correct. I think in the Martha case this was first brought up as being the process. It is a pain if you want ALL the ratings back but this guy just needs he PPL. In addition to having his head examined.

Rich.

Think of the yt views, for Trevor and the aviation yters, if Trevor goes straight and videos himself retraining and regaining his PPL in a year. The crying and whining would be epic.

Question for the CFI's...

Can you - or perhaps have you - declined to instruct a student ( sorry - learner) due your impression of their character? It's been a question of mine for years, having known some pilots who were absolute idiots; but this situation begs the question. I am a ground instructor ( and PPL) but don't feel like this situation would apply to ground instruction. But having my name associated with some of the pilots I've known - and this guy too - would seem to be a big risk in today's litigious society. Not to mention the ethical dilemma of the student doing something stupid after your instruction - that you might reasonable have suspected they might do. Even if you didn't instruct them to do it (which we know you didn't) or instructed them specifically not to - they're out there because you worked with them.

I just think that like the "go or no go" decision, there ought to be a "teach or don't teach" decision as well. As CFI's you can't stop idiots from flying, but you don't have to help them.

Last edited:
71857fed-acd3-4656-8208-3f444e7dc26a-jpeg.139408

Can you - or perhaps have you - declined to instruct a student ( sorry - learner) due your impression of their character? It's been a question of mine for years, having known some pilots who were absolute idiots; but this situation begs the question. I am a ground instructor ( and PPL) but don't feel like this situation would apply to ground instruction. But having my name associated with some of the pilots I've known - and this guy too - would seem to be a big risk in today's litigious society. Not to mention the ethical dilemma of the student doing something stupid after your instruction - that you might reasonable have suspected they might do. Even if you didn't instruct them to do it (which we know you didn't) or instructed them specifically not to - they're out there because you worked with them.

I just think that like the "go or no go" decision, there ought to be a "teach or don't teach" decision as well. As CFI's you can't stop idiots from flying, but you don't have to help them.

I've never been in a situation where someone pushed me to fly/instruct someone who it was felt was not well suited. We sometimes joke about the FAA's hazardous attitudes, but they are super easy to spot in most cases. I always politely decline - it may be that I am just misreading someone and they will do great with someone else.

sj

I have avoided people who I have felt were not “learners”. They very well could have been “students” but we all know that all students are not learners.

I did ask the owner of a flight school I was working for to give a substantial deposit back to a student after I flew with him a few times. Not exactly the same but a guy around sixty who had solo’d 40 years before and wanted to get back into it so I flew with him. He flew very well and I could have let him go after the first hour, but I noticed some cognitive impairment. Like he couldn’t remember things. Like using a check list.

After a couple of hours I sent him off on a supervised solo around the patch. The old 152 sounded particularly anemic as it climbed out. I called him on the radio and told him to bring it right back, not wanting to upset him by saying the engine sounded strange. When he got out I told him that and asked if he took off with carb heat on. He said no, he took off on one mag. This a a number of other ground based events caused me to tell the owner we shouldn’t go any further with him. I was afraid he would forget something else and really get hurt or worse and I would feel bad. I hate feeling bad.

There were a couple of others I avoided based upon things heard from other instructors I respect.

Now I only do the occasional flight review and only for people I know and have known for years.

Rich CFI-A, CFI-I

Last edited:

Yes, more than once, for different reasons.

MTV

SJ

Similar discussion going on over on Beechtalk.com. It seems to be that the consensus there is previous time/experience is valid. Doesn’t make me correct. I think in the Martha case this was first brought up as being the process. It is a pain if you want ALL the ratings back but this guy just needs he PPL. In addition to having his head examined.

Rich.

Yes, this is correct. You are required to meet the requirements for the practical test. All previous experience counts toward those requirements. You have to fly with a CFI for at least 3 hours, however, since that CFI is the one who's going to recommend you for the practical exam, and the recommending CFI must have given the applicant 3 hours dual.

I see no reason why a DPE who's authorized to examine for the certificate couldn't administer the practical. I suspect doing so with a fed could be tough in any case.

MTV

trevor didnt hold a candle to the red bull guys. one flipped upside down and went into a pretty tough spin.

Last edited:
trevor didnt hold a candle to the red bull guys. one flipped ubside down and went into a pretty tough spin.
Sounds like at least one more revocation coming. News says FAA denied a waiver to do this. Not sure what FAR they wanted to waive but you can’t get one for 91.13. Careless and reckless. Let’s see, get in airplane with a parachute. Climb to altitude. Stop engine on purpose. Bail out. Airplane crashes. Do the whole thing to make money. Sound familiar?

This looks like this one is coming back as pots and pans as my old flight school boss used to say.

Attachments

• BCAB1E39-BD7C-4D5A-A206-C1CFD0D4BB32.jpeg
    BCAB1E39-BD7C-4D5A-A206-C1CFD0D4BB32.jpeg
    32.4 KB · Views: 171
and alot of them had, STAFF, shirts on, i thought it was awesome, especially when one guy made it. the speed brake on each of the planes intrigued me the most. mustve taken some special trimming to try and get them to go straight down? the one guy had more than 27,000 sky diving jumps, thats a few.

Last edited:
Disclaimer: facts may not be right in this video.

What makes him think that Trevor Jacobs will never fly again? I'd put money on it that he will - just not show too publicly (at first)

On another note, what if that 2nd RED Bulls--- Cessna had decided to fly a little bit longer with a collapsed dive brake...Ooooops... Sorry about your Motor home/trailer house/SUV/RV/pet dog...etc. folks. I know Eloy isn't Grand Central, but...just saying.

I have turned down students. Flew with a couple that I just knew would never be safe, so told them I wasn't their guy.

Can you imagine the oral for Mr. J? Especially if the person giving it likes old airplanes. Deck stacked against him having an easy time of it.

Question about RedBull. With all their $$$, why didn't they go to another country that would not care?

Ok, back to my cave.

FWIW Trent Palmer of Flying Cowboys fame just posted a video about an FAA certificate action being taken against him.
I only watched the very beginning of the video so don't know what all it's about.

Back