• If You Are Having Trouble Logging In with Your Old Username and Password, Please use this Forgot Your Password link to get re-established.
  • Hey! Be sure to login or register!

Where to run hydraulic lines for floats in PA18 wide body from upper baggage

Hi I’m installing whipeline floats any ideas of routing hydraulic lines in PA 18 widebody would be appreciated. Pictures of emergency pump and where did you run the hydraulic lines would be appreciated. Where does the factory run the lines

Last edited:
Thanks Bill I loved the post on the fitting placement I’m trying to run the 3 lines from the rear baggage to the fittings just seeing where anyone else put them and issues for and against .

Yeah, oops, my reading comprehension is pretty bad sometimes. I have a video I took of a Wip install (about 30 seconds) but if you watch it closely and pause frequently I think it will show most of what you want. I used it when installing a set on a certified cub. The motor is mounted in the upper baggage where the battery was located. The lines then run down the left side of the fuselage then under the floor. 3 lines....up, down, manual pump. PM me your email and I will send the video. Looks like I deleted a lot of the photos I had but I think the video will help.

Hope this helps

Bill

Back